• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

I'll never learn my lesson - bought ANOTHER 1911

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
You sir have been WEGGED!!!!

As in, @W.E.G. has corrupted others here to do his evil dealing and such on weak minds and thin wallets.
No sir, this dastardly deed done to me this week was by the nefarious rapscallion @hkshooter

@W.E.G. is the evil basturd who got me on the last one, but he is (relatively) innocent this week.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
No sir, this dastardly deed done to me this week was by the nefarious rapscallion @hkshooter

@W.E.G. is the evil basturd who got me on the last one, but he is (relatively) innocent this week.

Only because I’m out of town.

Shooting a 5-day match.

I’ll be back to full strength Monday!

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

His evil mind control grows daily in strength and reach,,kinda like that Force stuff, but all evil,,,,no one is safe or out of his nefarious reach, no one!!!!!:eek:

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Steppenwolf
"G-d damn, the pusher
G-d damn, hey, I say the pusher
I said G-d damn
G-d damn the pusher man..."

:ROFLMAO: You know, I bet Tisas sends him shit for free at this point...
Yea, along with every ammo dealer in the country!

@W.E.G. should be on my damn taxes!

Had to build in another storage area, just since I got WEGGED myself.:)LOL

016.JPG

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
"ball powder"

I give the boys a spritz on those hot days before I go to the range.

I should own a double-barrel shotgun.

I gave away my grandpa's Russell Arms double damascus to his great grandson.

My powder stash is distributed hear and there. This is in my wife's gardening closet.

IMG_3066.jpg

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
"ball powder"

I give the boys a spritz on those hot days before I go to the range.

I should own a double-barrel shotgun.

I gave away my grandpa's Russell Arms double damascus to his great grandson.

My powder stash is distributed hear and there. This is in my wife's gardening closet.

View attachment 409381

Yep,,,,not good to keep all ya powder in one location.....!!!!!!

I fill smaller bottles from the larger ones, 4&8 pounders,,,,,kept some place else!!!

You back home now???

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
You back home now???
We shot the Excellence in Competition ("leg") match in constant heavy rain.

No way that match could have been fired on paper targets.

I'm old, crippled and stupid.

One of my local buddies is old and stupid, but not crippled. He shot a 480 and cut leg points.

This was a match where the Army Marksmanship Unit posted, but marched off before squadding in a heavy downpour.

I picked up a dehumidifier to dry my gear on the way home.

A day to remember.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
We shot the Excellence in Competition ("leg") match in constant heavy rain.

No way that match could have been fired on paper targets.

I'm old, crippled and stupid.

One of my local buddies is old and stupid, but not crippled. He shot a 480 and cut leg points.

This was a match where the Army Marksmanship Unit posted, but marched off before squadding in a heavy downpour.

I picked up a dehumidifier to dry my gear on the way home.

A day to remember.

Wow!

Well, dry out, warm up, get the gear squared away, have a hot tottie or two or three, and get back to your Jedi mind tricks,,,,was pointed out above I have some extra room for more store bought ammo and such. ;)

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I had dumpsters backed up that needed service today.

Gear is mostly dry now. Had to soak some of my clothes in vinegar to knock down the stink.

One unscheduled dumpster tomorrow, then needle in my spine first thing the next day. My old doctor who did the needle gig said I was his “most stoic patient.” I guess most people scream and squirm.

Maybe I can throw oil on some of the steel before regular dumpster calls start Wednesday.

If I’m able to still stand.

I didn’t expect to live this long.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
In some cultures, religions, belief systems,, and of course under certain circumstances, a long life is seen as both punishment for sins committed in past lives, and for seeking forgiveness before going onto the next one for sins committed in this one.

snip

I didn’t expect to live this long.

I suspect we're both long for this world.
Just saying...

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I’ve been kinda feeling that vibe.

I’m in uncharted territory.

Nobody believes the shit I say. So I just clean dumpsters from my basement. Nobody wants to argue with a clean dumpster.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Uncharted territory :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Clean dumpsters from my basement:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Nobody believes the shit I say:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Nobody wants to argue with a clean dumpster:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

And yet, some people still can't wrap their heads around why I stopped seeing 10 to 12 psychiatric patients daily.;)

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
On Thursday evening I finally made it over to my FFL to pick up the Tisas. Yesterday, I field stripped & lubed it, then ran 100 rounds through it flawlessly. Yes I tend to be a Colt snob in general, but it is damn hard to beat a dependable 1911 truck gun for three bills.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
On Thursday evening I finally made it over to my FFL to pick up the Tisas. Yesterday, I field stripped & lubed it, then ran 100 rounds through it flawlessly. Yes I tend to be a Colt snob in general, but it is damn hard to beat a dependable 1911 truck gun for three bills.
Still haven't fired mine. Or the 9mm. Or the Garrison I tried to sell a few weeks ago.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Spoken like a person that owns a Glock. :unsure: (y)

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I fired the 9mm Saturday, and the 45 today (well, I guess YESTERDAY technically). I shot the 45 two-handed. MAN! I was WEARING some unburned 231!

And I got bopped in the face with some spent brass. I need to stick with ONE HAND for 45 ACP 1911.

I wanted to shoot the BIG BLACK GLOCK the most. But I left the 45 and 10mm mags on the floor back at the house. Dammit!

Smellycat

FALaholic #
I pimped out my Tisas:
l 1911.jpg
back.jpg

My Tisas is now a frankin gun with Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Harrison Design, and Nowlin Arms parts in and on it. I hated the original sights but loved the gun. It needed night sights anyway to be a carry gun. The trigger job wasn't too hard and feels fantastic. I liked the original look with the spur hammer but it kept tagging me and drawing blood every time I shot it so I went big and filed it for a beaver tail. Last step will be a Nowlin Arms barrel upgrade sometime soon. Ended up going with Nodak sights and had to pay for the mill work.

I'm happy with it. The project taught me a lot about 1911s.
bt 1911.jpg