• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

If you just need to have a Chinese shotgun and miss the Hawk 982

raubvogel

Contributor
FALaholic #
You can get one made in high grade Chinesium for $190 right now

Per
it is made by the same Chinese company which did the Hawk. I never shot this shotgun but the comments here make me think a Turkish gun would be better

easttex

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Nobody is buying them so Brownells is unloading at or just below cost.

I can't believe that any new firearm listed for sale online would have an almost 40% gross margin as listed. I could be wrong though, but I sure thought there was less margin on guns sold online.

MontanaGrant

FALaholic #
Brownells isn’t cheap.

I would almost guarantee they paid no more than $140 per gun. They got them in price them at 299 for a while so it would look better when they did the $250 and $200 sales on them

FP1201

FALaholic #
As high quality guns such as those from Remington, Beretta/Benelli, Browning, etc. dried up, we started selling various Turkish made shotguns and so far haven't had issue with them. Weatherby offers an autoloader made there, the Winchester shotguns are made off shore....I'd just as soon sell high quality American made Guns, but they are few and far between.