• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

I need some parts

davedude

Contributor
FALaholic #
Best of luck to you HKS! You are sorta lucky in a way, the tech for knees is awesome. Where I'm at is not so good--foot/ankle. I broke crushed and twisted my ankle crashing my YZ250 back in 2001(not good for mobility) and now arthritis has lit the ball of the same foot on fire, even worse for mobility. Got the shot (wonderful) $500 orthotics and serious anti-inflammatory dope. Have two more months of eval to see it that will work. If not then the doc wants to start fusing bones......
Really has f**ked up my return to the gym efforts, amazing how much the ball of the foot is used. Pisses me off. I got a free membership at Lifetime Fitness last year, hands down the most deluxe gym in town. I used to like to warm up doing a couple miles on the treadmill hah! Scratch that. Lots of machines I can't use anymore. I'll adapt though. More laps in the pool or something.

EinheitElf

FALaholic #
Just wait til they get you up within like an hour to test drive your new parts,more so they can fix any oh shit issues or keep you from walking like john wayne or a inner city jive pimp... best wishes on the new mods, gonna be a T-200 termie(only 1/4)

Andy2205

FALaholic #
Just wait til they get you up within like an hour to test drive your new parts,more so they can fix any oh shit issues or keep you from walking like john wayne or a inner city jive pimp... best wishes on the new mods, gonna be a T-200 termie(only 1/4)
They woke me up, gave me lunch, had me walk to the end of the hall. Then, in a wheelchair and out the door.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Finally got my appointments. March 7, pre-op. April 2, surgery. Could have got April 1 but I didn't see anything good coming from that. Lady on the phone chuckled when I told her that.
So, I'm on the books. Hope the Dr. is on his game that day. Or, I don't wake up.
Didn't happen. I haven't updated so here goes. Pre-op screening found somethings the surgeon didn't care for and were not able to be rectified before today so it was cancelled. Been going through the process of getting things checked out and in order so I can be rescheduled.

Last edited:

TerryN

FALaholic #
That happened when my right knee was replaced in 2015, and I hated it. The last time (May '23), they didn't get me out of bed until the following morning.

SAM1965

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
So the first doc (the one who sewed my shoulder back together in 2012) recommended arthroscopic to clean out the floating pieces of cartridge, but wouldn't cause he gave up his surgical license. Had a second today. New doc said same, arthroscopic and let natural healing go. Hope it works but they both just want $$$. Both said knee replacement is in my future when both sides of my knee are bone on bone. The joy of aging and arthritis

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
So the first doc (the one who sewed my shoulder back together in 2012) recommended arthroscopic to clean out the floating pieces of cartridge, but wouldn't cause he gave up his surgical license. Had a second today. New doc said same, arthroscopic and let natural healing go. Hope it works but they both just want $$$. Both said knee replacement is in my future when both sides of my knee are bone on bone. The joy of aging and arthritis
Yup. Already had arthro twice, not much but bone left now.
Still jumping through hoops for the surgeon, nothing scheduled yet for me.

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Best of luck in all your procedures, follow up and, physical therapy. Not like hip or knee replacement but, I’ve had several plantar fibroma surgeries and I’m going to have my third one on my left foot on 25 April. Not really looking forward to it but it’s become an absolute necessity. I spend most of my days far less mobile than I wish to be. I have to walk with a cane due to the pressure of the fibromas on nerve endings in my feet which send shooting nerve pain from the foot all the way up to my hip. Coupled with sciatica shooting off nerve pain down the leg they meet in the middle. On many days it’s quite debilitating with very limited mobility. Hoping this surgery will restore some of that mobility after surgery/therapy to where I don’t have to depend on a bad day being a wheelchair and, a good day simply being cane mobile.
🫡 🙂

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Best of luck in all your procedures, follow up and, physical therapy. Not like hip or knee replacement but, I’ve had several plantar fibroma surgeries and I’m going to have my third one on my left foot on 25 April. Not really looking forward to it but it’s become an absolute necessity. I spend most of my days far less mobile than I wish to be. I have to walk with a cane due to the pressure of the fibromas on nerve endings in my feet which send shooting nerve pain from the foot all the way up to my hip. Coupled with sciatica shooting off nerve pain down the leg they meet in the middle. On many days it’s quite debilitating with very limited mobility. Hoping this surgery will restore some of that mobility after surgery/therapy to where I don’t have to depend on a bad day being a wheelchair and, a good day simply being cane mobile.
🫡 🙂
Damn, good luck with everything!

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Hope this goes well for you also. Joy of aging isn’t actually so joyful sometimes. It has its perks such as senior discounts but, that’s a pretty cheap thrill in comparison. 😉

alphadog58

FALaholic #
Best of luck in all your procedures, follow up and, physical therapy. Not like hip or knee replacement but, I’ve had several plantar fibroma surgeries and I’m going to have my third one on my left foot on 25 April. Not really looking forward to it but it’s become an absolute necessity. I spend most of my days far less mobile than I wish to be. I have to walk with a cane due to the pressure of the fibromas on nerve endings in my feet which send shooting nerve pain from the foot all the way up to my hip.
🫡 🙂
I have plantar fibromas, also. Never knew what they were called. They haven't caused any issues, yet. What are the growths called when they're on your hands?
Larry

OMR_RDTandE

Low Speed, High Drag
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I’m scheduled for a revision on my left knee in June. Five and a half years, postop from the first TKR, and it only took them 4-1/2 years, an additional surgery, and all kinds of testing, to figure out the original surgeon put in the wrong type of prosthetic. Spent all that time telling them it was worse than my original.

hawk962

FALaholic #
Good luck to all of you on the surgery. My dad had a knee replacement in January. He is doing great and told me he wishes he hadn't waited so long to do it. His PT team worked out an extension and he is still going to weekly therapy sessions. Side benefit for him has been the weight loss. It has been amazing how it changed his whole outlook. He told me the recovery pain was nothing compared to what he was dealing with every day.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I’m scheduled for a revision on my left knee in June. Five and a half years, postop from the first TKR, and it only took them 4-1/2 years, an additional surgery, and all kinds of testing, to figure out the original surgeon put in the wrong type of prosthetic. Spent all that time telling them it was worse than my original.
That's scary. How can they use the wrong one and just what was wrong about it?

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I have plantar fibromas, also. Never knew what they were called. They haven't caused any issues, yet. What are the growths called when they're on your hands?
Larry
Well, I can’t say as I’m really sure about on the hands. Perhaps the same thing. Mine are all on my feet and they become inner twined with all the tendons inhibiting their movement and pressing on nerves.
My left foot. You can see the scars from my previous surgery just to the right of the big lump that protrudes. There’s more subdermal that go across the foot to the outer arch.
8965E5B6-927A-4C6F-92AD-D7C668BCC545.jpeg
My right foot. Again, you can see the scars from the previous surgeries to the left of the lumps. These are hard in texture and offer no movement in that area of the tissue. The first time I had them done was in late 2012 and they looked like a big gathered cluster of lumps somewhat like Elmer Fudds head after Bugs had given him a good thumping with a hammer and about 3”-4” across. These are what came back after the first three surgeries over the last 10 & 1/2, almost 11 years.
9010C1DA-2A96-4ADF-BA4F-473B05B6CE83.jpeg

OMR_RDTandE

Low Speed, High Drag
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
That's scary. How can they use the wrong one and just what was wrong about it?
Well, the short answer is, he’d done over 10,000 replacements and was just playing the numbers. If you were like me, and had previous knee surgeries, he should have placed a different design. He also should have cemented them in place and shaved, or replaced, the back of the knee cap. The swelling and pain, from the original surgery, never went away. It’s properly placed, not loose, but the lower portion should have a nub in the middle and been machined to adjust for the fact I didn’t have a medial meniscus in the knee for over forty years.
And no, suing for malpractice isn’t an option, since 1-1/2 years into COVID, he blew his brains out. I just wish he’d done that before operating on me. IMG_1233.jpeg