• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

I need some parts

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Yup. Now it's my turn. Instead of searching out some obscure surplus rifle part, I'm going to be receiving a newly made, hi-tech, Ti and who knows what else, left knee.
Got the news today, nothing can be done with my OEM parts and replacements are recommended. That's just FN great.
Don't know when, yet. Have an appointment with the surgeon on the 8th and I'll probably learn more then.
I have too many more years to work before I'm declared useless, have a wife to take care of, bills to pay, so must get repaired so I can keep going.
One upside is, once I'm healed up I should be able to hit the V-tac barrier at the KY shoot much better than I have to date. Yea, me!

J. Armstrong

Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Sorry to hear of this ! The good news is that joint replacements have improved vastly in recent years. In many cases they have you walking ( with assistance ) right after the surgery. I can tell you, as I'm sure you already know, that doing the physical therapy is absolutely critical.

Very best of luck with this "upgrade" - please keep us informed, brother !

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Thanks, fellas. Yeah, I have been dealing with it. Wasn't so bad, every so often it would give me a bit of trouble but I'd get passed it and was always trying to be careful with it. Now, my hand is being forced, can't keep living or working like this. Ever since October it's got steadily worse. It's time and maybe passed time.

TerryN

FALaholic #
Hopefully, you drew a skilled, experienced Orthopod, and the surgery will be a cake-walk. Listen to the surgeon and the nurses, and especially to the Physical Therapist. Don't slack off doing therapy; you get back what you put into it. I had my second knee replaced last May; not fun, but it's done.

adam762

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I’m with you. Scheduled my second hip replacement last week. The first hip replacement is so good I rarely even think about it so I’m excited. Compared to that knee craziness I’m still recovering from last year, hips are cake. Get the surgery, take plenty of time off, and put the effort into therapy. And hope you get a hottie to pull the catheter.

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I am slowly losing all confidence in my right knee. Sometimes are worse than others. I know this is in my future. I do not want to do this and I'm procrastinating. I wish you lick
If it's goofed up, sooner is better. Leaving it broken will start degrading the rest of you as you compensate.

STG_58_guy

I'm not this cute IRL
Platinum Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I knew immediately what kind of parts you were talking about. Good time to quit smoking if you are a smoker. Smoking is bad for healing bones. Get a surgeon (and PA) who does 600 a year.

I need some teeth. I got a few years left on hips and knees. Lower back is shot though.

J. Armstrong

Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I'm hobbling around work and home with a cane or walking stick, currently, due to torn meniscus.
No fun atall.
Wishing you best outcomes and near future "pain free living" and shooting the vtac.
Years ago I had a "slightly" torn meniscus - no fun at all is putting it lightly !!! Got out of the car one day, put my foot out, swung my weight on it, next thing I'm on the ground with lightning bolts going through me ! Arthroscopic surgery, all good for decades now, no knee work foreseen.
Hoping Hks work, although more serious, goes this well !

Jarhead504

FALaholic #
I'm hobbling around work and home with a cane or walking stick, currently, due to torn meniscus.
No fun atall.
Wishing you best outcomes and near future "pain free living" and shooting the vtac.
Tore mine on both sides of my right knee. Got the arthroscopic surgery too. Get it as soon as you can. They waited for (9) months before they did mine, which only made it worse. P.T. took another (2) months but I can climb ladder and kneel without pain.

My BabyLuv got a knee rebuilt with the titanium parts last spring. She's been doing much better that with them. Arthritis is a bitch.

Jarhead

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Yup. Now it's my turn. Instead of searching out some obscure surplus rifle part, I'm going to be receiving a newly made, hi-tech, Ti and who knows what else, left knee.
Got the news today, nothing can be done with my OEM parts and replacements are recommended. That's just FN great.
Don't know when, yet. Have an appointment with the surgeon on the 8th and I'll probably learn more then.
I have too many more years to work before I'm declared useless, have a wife to take care of, bills to pay, so must get repaired so I can keep going.
One upside is, once I'm healed up I should be able to hit the V-tac barrier at the KY shoot much better than I have to date. Yea, me!
OK newby, WTB ads belong in the marketplace! 😎

HR

P.S., all good advice from the boys. One other tidbit, they will likely use a CPM (Continuous Passive Motion) machine to keep you moving & stretching the new knee joint and muscles during therapy after surgery. If they set the range of motion too aggressively (to the point you feel pain beyond minor discomfort), tell them to turn it the fuck down! On my dad’s first knee replacement, they had it turned up way too high and it hurt like hell. Because they didn’t tell him that it’s not supposed to hurt like that, he gritted it out. But it ended up straining his muscles/ligaments to the extent that it set his recovery back quite a bit.

SAM1965

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
If it's goofed up, sooner is better. Leaving it broken will start degrading the rest of you as you compensate.
Well it finally happened. Knee stopped doing the kneeing thing and I face planted! Luckily I got my hands in front of my face before face met tile floor. I felt something really bad in there. Not good. I can hobble around but...Orthopedic appointment is on the 19th, then imaging and maybe 2 weeks later the diagnosis with what to do. My money is on surgery. FML!

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Finally got my appointments. March 7, pre-op. April 2, surgery. Could have got April 1 but I didn't see anything good coming from that. Lady on the phone chuckled when I told her that.
So, I'm on the books. Hope the Dr. is on his game that day. Or, I don't wake up.

SAM1965

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Finally got my appointments. March 7, pre-op. April 2, surgery. Could have got April 1 but I didn't see anything good coming from that. Lady on the phone chuckled when I told her that.
So, I'm on the books. Hope the Dr. is on his game that day. Or, I don't wake up.
Probably not too far behind you. I wish you well sir!