• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

I.D. And price check

Fezco367

FALaholic #
Is finish a good way to tell the difference between dust covers? The only markings I see are the HK ones and one that says FN. other than that how do you differentiate? Also how do you differentiate gas plugs? I know the aluminum charging handles are G1 but what’s the difference between an imbel and austrian black plastic charging handle? The only visual difference I can see is the metal arm of it is round on some and flat on others. Why are there two sets of serials on this bolt?

Attachments:

otis61

FALaholic #
You have a lot of stuff mostly G1 with some STG58 and little bit of other things thrown in too. It would be easier if you could get someone over there and sort through it and tell you what you got.

Fezco367

FALaholic #
You have a lot of stuff mostly G1 with some STG58 and little bit of other things thrown in too. It would be easier if you could get someone over there and sort through it and tell you what you got.
I wouldn’t mind that. I feel like I’m trying to catch up on 70 years of history. Anyone in socal?

Sh3008

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Is finish a good way to tell the difference between dust covers? The only markings I see are the HK ones and one that says FN. other than that how do you differentiate? Also how do you differentiate gas plugs? I know the aluminum charging handles are G1 but what’s the difference between an imbel and austrian black plastic charging handle? The only visual difference I can see is the metal arm of it is round on some and flat on others. Why are there two sets of serials on this bolt?
Jesus dude, you scored. I'd buy most of that stuff.

Difference between charging handles

left imbel flat
Right Fn / stg rounded

IMG_4912.jpeg
IMG_4911.jpeg

Fezco367

FALaholic #
Jesus dude, you scored. I'd buy most of that stuff.

Difference between charging handles

left imbel flat
Right Fn / stg rounded

View attachment 419223 View attachment 419224
Thank you. And the Black rounded would be the stg and the aluminum fn/g1 right? Also wdym scored? Everyone is saying congrats essentially but I feel lost in the sauce piecing this shit together. Are there like specific items that are interesting or just the amount of it?

Sh3008

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Thank you. And the Black rounded would be the stg and the aluminum fn/g1 right? Also wdym scored? Everyone is saying congrats essentially but I feel lost in the sauce piecing this shit together. Are there like specific items that are interesting or just the amount of it?
Sent you a pm

TraFALgar

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
The quantity and quality of what you are showing are amazing for this point in time -- FAL parts have been continuously drying up over the last few years. As far as feeling lost, you are trying to catch up on about 30 yrs of FAL variation/evolution.
Re: gas plugs - The plug with the L-shaped lever on the side is an Austrian StG58 gas plug (note the Steyr "number in oval" marking between the lugs) ; the other 3 are probably FN G1 plugs.

Re: bolt - That's an L1A1 bolt; 'B59' means it was made by BSA in 1959 and other numbers are a drawing no. Curiously, the serial no. UEA139481 on the underside implies it was used in an Enfield L1A1.

Fezco367

FALaholic #
The quantity and quality of what you are showing are amazing for this point in time -- FAL parts have been continuously drying up over the last few years. As far as feeling lost, you are trying to catch up on about 30 yrs of FAL variation/evolution.
Re: gas plugs - The plug with the L-shaped lever on the side is an Austrian StG58 gas plug (note the Steyr "number in oval" marking between the lugs) ; the other 3 are probably FN G1 plugs.

Re: bolt - That's an L1A1 bolt; 'B59' means it was made by BSA in 1959 and other numbers are a drawing no. Curiously, the serial no. UEA139481 on the underside implies it was used in an Enfield L1A1.
Thank you for the STG-58 I.D. I’m trying to piece that thing together as it’s the kit I really want to keep and build out for myself. Does the restamping on the bolt mean it was taken from a rifle and suited to a new rifle throughout it’s life?

Edit: is there a way to date the G1 plugs based on the difference in markings to better pair them up with the other parts?

Sh3008

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

Ever heard of the cap trafalgar? Video starts at 4:30 seconds.

Sh3008

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #

harleyrider

Where’d I set my drink?
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Based on the photos, it looks like you have six (6) G1 Type 1 lower receivers w/ wood stocks; one (1) early StG Type 1 lower receivers w/ plastic stock & matching B/C; three (3) IMBEL Type 3 lower receivers w/ plastic stocks (two (2) w/ matching B/BCs); a Type 2 lower (probably South African or early IMBEl; two (2) G1 kits w/ matching barrel groups; an StG kit, an IMBEl Type 3 kit, and an IMBEl Type 2 kit; another StG lower w/ matching B/BC; three (3) G1 barrel groups; nine (9) B/BC groups (7 G1, 1 South African, 1 IMBEl); a bunch of G1 flashiders, grenade launchers & blank firing adapters; a bunch of top covers, wood buttstocks, handguards, charging handles, bipods, and small parts;

HR

Sh3008

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Ve
Sorry to go off topic but here's a T2 Imbel.
View attachment 419745
Very cool. Only pictures I've seen were from one Reddit post from guys in the Brazilian army.

I know they exist, Ive never seen one outside of that post and this picture.

If that is what the op has, that's pretty cool.

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
But when the poster complains of others "lowballing him" and you ask "sure, I'll buy the whole lot, depending on price - WHAT IS YOUR PRICE?"

Getting a price out of him is crickets.

You can't ask someone both to buy the whole lot and to "appraise" the lot.

Who has time for fishing expeditions?

And it's unclear whether he bought the storage locker from his buddy, because he's the "gun guy"; or if he is trying to sell the storage locker FOR someone else. Which means you are not dealing with the actual owner of the goods.

(((sigh)))

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Sorry to go off topic but here's a T2 Imbel.
View attachment 419745

Yes, that's my photo from a rifle I restored 25 years ago. It was a registered machinegun and the red delrin was interesting.

Like when I posted photos of type III StGs long before the parade troops showed up with the same.

Fezco367

FALaholic #
But when the poster complains of others "lowballing him" and you ask "sure, I'll buy the whole lot, depending on price - WHAT IS YOUR PRICE?"

Getting a price out of him is crickets.

You can't ask someone both to buy the whole lot and to "appraise" the lot.

Who has time for fishing expeditions?

And it's unclear whether he bought the storage locker from his buddy, because he's the "gun guy"; or if he is trying to sell the storage locker FOR someone else. Which means you are not dealing with the actual owner of the goods.

(((sigh)))
That’s super cool that you’re trying to “call me out” on a public forum because I chose not to do business with you. I sought you out first because you seemed to be the expert like I had expressed to you. The conflicting interest of buyer and appraiser is understandable. The being a straight dick in every email is not. The whole “Lowballing” thing is because I know 500 bucks is not what the lot is worth like some of the fuck ass offers I was getting was. I was looking for some guidance and information on a platform and what I now see is a community and I got high-school drama from a grown man instead. Thank you though for trying to discredit me and scare off other interested parties.

munchoman

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
That’s super cool that you’re trying to “call me out” on a public forum because I chose not to do business with you. I sought you out first because you seemed to be the expert like I had expressed to you. The conflicting interest of buyer and appraiser is understandable. The being a straight dick in every email is not. The whole “Lowballing” thing is because I know 500 bucks is not what the lot is worth like some of the fuck ass offers I was getting was. I was looking for some guidance and information on a platform and what I now see is a community and I got high-school drama from a grown man instead. Thank you though for trying to discredit me and scare off other interested parties.

so all this is really just about a silent auction

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
That’s super cool that you’re trying to “call me out” on a public forum because I chose not to do business with you.
I kindof remember telling you (nicely) to fuck off until you were serious and not wasting my time on a fishing expedition. Which would start by telling me how much you wanted for it. Which you steadfastly refused to do.

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
so all this is really just about a silent auction
Yep - he wants a free appraisal of a lot of varied stuff that only a handful of people could do.
I offered to do a professional appraisal, but for a fee, and doing so would exclude me as a buyer.
The petulant child isn't interested in PAYING for knowledge and experience.
Freeloader. Got butthurt when I told him I wasn't playing his silly games.

Which is too bad, as I think I'm what one might call a "serious buyer"

eai-fal-barrels-02.jpg eai-fal-barrels-01.jpg eai-pallet-104.jpg eai-pallet-103.jpg eai-pallet-101.jpg

Last edited:

Apec

FALaholic #
I am not sure what happened in the exchange, but if you want to buy or sell on this forum or any forum, you have to come to the table with a price, or at least a reasonable ballpark.

People in this thread already identified most of what you have, so you can look up past sales here or anywhere else to get an idea.

If you are ambiguous about the offer or counteroffer you are expecting, you will lose interest and some may tell you that directly.