• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

I.D. And price check

Fezco367

FALaholic #
I have a large assortment of FAL related items. Took a leap of faith into it and am asking for identification and value. There’s two lowers I’m perplexed by as they are 4 digit serials and I haven’t been able to source any information. I have posted on other platforms and all roads and suggestions pointed to here. Please learn me sumthin. Thank you.

Attachments:

F86

FALaholic #
I have a large assortment of FAL related items. Took a leap of faith into it and am asking for identification and value. There’s two lowers I’m perplexed by as they are 4 digit serials and I haven’t been able to source any information. I have posted on other platforms and all roads and suggestions pointed to here. Please learn me sumthin. Thank you.
Man,those are some good lookin’ parts ya got there 👍😃

TraFALgar

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
There’s two lowers I’m perplexed by as they are 4 digit serials and I haven’t been able to source any information.
Are you perplexed by the lowers in pictures 5 & 6? The serials aren’t very clear but they look like 4 digits. Both those were produced by FN for the German G1 contract. Only the German and Austrian contracts had the S-E-D selector markings. Yours are G1’s.
And yes, you do have a nice assortment of FAL parts! Welcome to the FALfiles.

Armsdad

FALaholic #
I could sort it all out better here. Sell to me for cheap and I will get started ...I do see some g1 parts . First thing if you haven't already. Put every matching # part you find together and don't separate no matter what . I'm on a cell phone so can't see stuff that well. But I see g1 parts and stg parts for sure. Maybe a S.A lower or original fn fal parts. I would need clear pics of markings and numbers of what your needing to know about and so will others that may try to help. Some nice wood C stocks also without the trap door cuts I see.

Last edited:

Fezco367

FALaholic #
I could sort it all out better here. Sell to me for cheap and I will get started ...I do see some g1 parts . First thing if you haven't already. Put every matching # part you find together and don't separate no matter what . I'm on a cell phone so can't see stuff that well. But I see g1 parts and stuff parts for sure. Maybe a S.A lower . I would need clear pics of markings and numbers of what your needing to know about and so will others that may try to help. Some nice wood C stocks also without the trap door cuts I see.
Everything that is touching or in the same vicinity in the pictures is matching numbers. With the loose barrels I don’t know how to match up markings or anything to lowers or bolts. Most of the G1 barrels don’t have serials.

FUUN063

FALaholic #
Wow, what a find! Looks to be mostly G1 and Stg as stated above. Look for Belgian type stampings that look like a number in a partial two sided box. The number designates the last number in the year it was made. They'll be stamped in out of the way places. Nice close up, in focus pics help us help you. Stg58 Austrian parts will have a number in an oval. Belgian barrels have the oval with "LEG" in it, too, and the perron on the bolts/carriers like these:

Leland

FMFSL7.62DJK

FALaholic #
Nice lot of kits and parts , not seen in this condition in quite a few years,seems like a lot of kits are coming out of the woodwork lately
Maybe a sign of the times

Sh3008

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Like I told mentioned on Reddit. You have some very nice early g1's.

If you look in the image threads here you will see some more pictures giving you a better idea of each variants different characteristics.

riceeater25

FALaholic #
Welcome to the Files!!! Glad you came over. There are alot of good info on here…

About the 4 digit lowers, they are low serial G1’s. Here’s a quick summary of them and the ones that came before: https://www.falfiles.com/threads/bgs-model-identification-and-serial-number-ranges.294149/

Also…the cheat sheet…G1’s have [6] and [7], StG numbered 1-20,000 should have [8]. You’ll find them on small parts like the trigger and gas plug etc etc but look for the ones on the side of the bolt, on the ass end of the carrier, and on the inside of the lower.
IMG_1390.png

Fezco367

FALaholic #
Wow, what a find! Looks to be mostly G1 and Stg as stated above. Look for Belgian type stampings that look like a number in a partial two sided box. The number designates the last number in the year it was made. They'll be stamped in out of the way places. Nice close up, in focus pics help us help you. Stg58 Austrian parts will have a number in an oval. Belgian barrels have the oval with "LEG" in it, too, and the perron on the bolts/carriers like these:

Leland
I see that they are all belgian but I don’t see any date type stampings.

Attachments:

Fezco367

FALaholic #
Welcome to the Files!!! Glad you came over. There are alot of good info on here…

About the 4 digit lowers, they are low serial G1’s. Here’s a quick summary of them and the ones that came before: https://www.falfiles.com/threads/bgs-model-identification-and-serial-number-ranges.294149/

Also…the cheat sheet…G1’s have [6] and [7], StG numbered 1-20,000 should have [8]. You’ll find them on small parts like the trigger and gas plug etc etc but look for the ones on the side of the bolt, on the ass end of the carrier, and on the inside of the lower. View attachment 418747
I went a long that and was able to identify some. What is the bird like marking that has 219 or 185 mean? As well as the BCG that says 222104 has like no markings on it.

Attachments:

Fezco367

FALaholic #
Sorry for blasting this thread all at once. But some one had told me this was a south african kit but it has the belgian stamp on it. Does that mean it’s not a south african or that belgium made them for south africa? Does the circled HK on this dust cover mean it’s stg?

Attachments:

Last edited:

Sh3008

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Sorry for blasting this thread all at once. But some one had told me this was a south african kit but it has the belgian stamp on it. Does that mean it’s not a south african or that belgium made them for south africa? Does the circled HK on this dust cover mean it’s stg?
hk made dust covers for g1's. That lower and carrier in the other pic are SA

TraFALgar

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I see that they are all belgian but I don’t see any date type stampings.
I assume you are talking specifically about date stamps on the barrels. The date stamp on FN Belgian FAL barrels are on the breech face of the barrel. I'll bet you can find some numbers in partial boxes there.

riceeater25

FALaholic #
From the pictures you sent me…it is an imbel as the serial is marked on the right under the rear sight. FN parts can be found imbels from time to time.

Serial range is too high for an FN made R1 plus missing all the other proofs.

Fezco367

FALaholic #
From the pictures you sent me…it is an imbel as the serial is marked on the right under the rear sight. FN parts can be found imbels from time to time.

Serial range is too high for an FN made R1 plus missing all the other proofs.
Even the reciever? I matched the wear patterns on the piece of receiver that serials matched to the lower to a barrel assembly and there was that Belgian chevron mark on the piece of receiver on the barrel assembly. Apologies if I’m asking dumb questions or not wording things concisely.

riceeater25

FALaholic #
Hmm, I've never seen a t2 imbel lower. Are you thinking g it's an imbel, because it has a vertical serial on the right hand side?
It has a serial in the 20XXXX range. SA serials are never placed there and it is missing the typical M in U. Also the receiver stub is a type 3. If OP’s ok with it, I can repost the pic here.

Sh3008

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
It has a serial in the 20XXXX range. SA serials are never placed there and it is missing the typical M in U. Also the receiver stub is a type 3. If OP’s ok with it, I can repost the pic here.
I'm not following your reasoning here muchaco.

Pretty sure South Africans started at 200,000.

I have FN stamped T1 lower with a vertical serial in that same location.

The op has a t2 lower in the picture so, where does the t3 receiver stub come into play?

There are a shit ton of SA lowers that dont have the UM stamp too. Here's one
IMG_4903.jpeg

I must be missing something here.

Attachments: