• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Hungarian 20 round tanker mags.

C2A1

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
There different variations of the green ones. Some have metal hang tags on the strap and also on the flap covering the bottles. The canvas are different.

Rudolf

Contributor
FALaholic #
Working part time for FEG, I once owned over 50 of them and just gradually sold them off.

I know the guy that won the auction for over 30k of them mixed up in various colors all brand new and unused. He is a math professor in Budapest and runs a surplus shop on the side.

We found all sorts of stuff inside of the pouches when we were sorting it out. We once found 12.7mm DsHkA rounds in several of the pouches and we once found loaded magazines also.

Cincylance

FALaholic #
Has anyone tried the Korean made 20 round AK mags? If so, how are they?
Me too! Very limited experience here. I bought about 12 of them when they first came on the market and took one to the range with me. It functioned perfectly, but I’ve never abused one repeatedly to see how they hold up. They appear to be made of a slightly thinner metal than normal AK mags.

Ak kali

Contributor
FALaholic #
Tanker 20s are my favorite AK mags. Seriously considering chopping one of my bakelites. Probably considered sacrilegious to some.
I was fortunate to pick up some original Chinese factory flatback tankers. Last photo is size comparison between 30 RD and 20 2FAE802E-689A-44B5-A265-4953EB8C5E35.jpeg 611C454E-9CB6-4A3B-B22E-57F695E585C6.jpeg BA2DC5AE-6567-487B-A648-8E9B7546E974.jpeg

Last edited:

Rudolf

Contributor
FALaholic #
Fég has all of the stamping machines and jigs along with the mandrels to make more. We have crates of springs and followers for around 50k more of them but nobody wants to work with us on a production schedule to get it up.
We needed it to sell from us to the wholesalers for about 15 bucks just to make a profit or 13 bucks just to break even.

Everybody said it was too much so it sits and languishes and people buy Korean KCIs, Croatian and AC Unities.

yovinny

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Fég has all of the stamping machines and jigs along with the mandrels to make more. We have crates of springs and followers for around 50k more of them but nobody wants to work with us on a production schedule to get it up.
We needed it to sell from us to the wholesalers for about 15 bucks just to make a profit or 13 bucks just to break even.

Everybody said it was too much so it sits and languishes and people buy Korean KCIs, Croatian and AC Unities.
Interesting.. I have zero experience with AK magazine production, but I would think the punch and stamping parts to be the easy part. It seems most 'modern' magazines are limited to punch, stamp and spot weld. While you have to also deal with production and installation of beaks and catches on something like an ak mag..

Rudolf

Contributor
FALaholic #
Interesting.. I have zero experience with AK magazine production, but I would think the punch and stamping parts to be the easy part. It seems most 'modern' magazines are limited to punch, stamp and spot weld. While you have to also deal with production and installation of beaks and catches on something like an ak mag..

It's all a big lego style assembly line dude, it's about 100 feet long and 15 feet wide. The baked on phosphate finish Russian paint is also a separate line where it is done.

The spot welding is just this finger type plier ..the magazine falls into the jig and they are spot welded and then a laser checks if the spot weld is in the right spot in the back and then it goes onto the next area.
It's kinda fun to watch.

When I was last the warehouse, it had over 30k 20 round tanker mags that was sold to the US. About 500 can fit in one crate.

Anyways....maybe my name should be changed to side tracking thread jacker.
:unsure::coffee:

IMG_20190617_094336_441.jpg

yovinny

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
It's all a big lego style assembly line dude, it's about 100 feet long and 15 feet wide. The baked on phosphate finish Russian paint is also a separate line where it is done.

The spot welding is just this finger type plier ..the magazine falls into the jig and they are spot welded and then a laser checks if the spot weld is in the right spot in the back and then it goes onto the next area.
It's kinda fun to watch.

When I was last the warehouse, it had over 30k 20 round tanker mags that was sold to the US. About 500 can fit in one crate.

Anyways....maybe my name should be changed to side tracking thread jacker.
:unsure::coffee:

View attachment 247549
Thats kind of my point bro..
It's assembly line is 100' long with a slew of different individual operations. To say nothing of the multiple lines before it to produce each of those pieces. You could probably set up something like complete ar mag production in a tenth the area and even less the labor.
Anyway, just my .02. Sorry for the thread drift..