• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

How to get your CC&R FFL License

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
The process to get your CC&R FFL Licence is quite simple. Here are the steps for you to help you on your way.

<UL><LI><STRONG>Get the Forms</STRONG>You can either download and print out (8.5x14" paper) a copy of the required forms or you can request original copies of the application forms from the ATF by contacting the National Licensing Center.

** Forms must now be requested from the ATF and they will be mailed to you. Online forms requests can be done at http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

Forms Required (No longer available online):<BR>     ATF Form 5310.16 - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics)<BR>     ATF Form 5330.20 - Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)

National Licensing Center
2600 Century Parkway NE
Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30345
(404) 417-2750
</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Fill out the Forms</STRONG>
This should be self explanatory. Just follow the instructions on the form and fill everything that applies out. You need to fill out two copies of the form (See Below).

UPDATED: You now also need to submit the form for Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) which asks for information regarding your country of citizenship. If you don't send this in it is highly likely that your application will be seriously delayed and possibly denied.
</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Send in the Forms</STRONG>
One copy of the forms you filled out is to be delivered to your local CLEO the other sent to the Dallas office of ATF for processing.

You DO NOT have to get a CLEO sign off on the CC&R application. You only need to deliver a copy to them. I recommend using Certified Mail as this provides proof that you sent a copy to your local CLEO.

The Address to send your ATF copy of your application to is:
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
P.O. Box 845219
Dallas, Texas 75284-5219

You need to remit $30 payable to The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms for the license with the copy that you send to ATF.
</LI>
<LI><STRONG>Wait..</STRONG>
Now you get to wait for your License. I believe this usually takes up to 6 weeks, however may take longer due to the new mail security precautions being taken on mail sent to government offices. Assuming you have no criminal history you should get your license in about 6 weeks.</LI></UL>

That's it.

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
A note on CC&R Record Keeping:

The ATF doesn't provide you with much of anything about how to keep CC&R records except a bunch of, as usual, really confusing regulations.

You must keep a CC&R Log book for the C&R weapons your receive or dispose of. You can find a sample online of what this log book should look like and what information it should contain at: PDF C&R Log Book Sample

You can also get a nice package put out by RK Enterprises which has a FFL Disposition Record (Who you sent copies of your CC&R License to), Multi-Weapon Transaction Record, Personal Firearms Record Book, Collector Record Book and a C&R Wholesalers listing. It has everything you need to stay compliant and then some. You can find the writeup on this HERE.

Here's the contact information for the company selling the CC&R Kit:

RK Enterprises
2616 Las Positas Road
Santa Barbara, California 93105
(805) 687-1416
Fax: (805) 687-4565

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Jen ]

csam

FALaholic #
The ATF does not seen to be responsive. I am glad we have the forms to download. I had tried to call them in the past, adn you cannot get a human to answer. To order the forms from them, you were supposed to leave them a message. Never did get any forms or a call. Tax dollars at "work"?

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
Topic Topped.

timccart: Everything mailed in the fed gov has slowed down due to the anthrax scare. They have to irradiate and then chemically treat all that paperwork you sent in to make sure you're not sending them some nasty bug.

'TUDE

FALaholic #
Not like the good ole days.
Requested forms over phone, received 5 days later. Submitted complete forms on March 15,2001, received C&R March 27,2001.

PassatDvr

FALaholic #
Mailed my app November 20th. Check cleared first part of december. Guy in Atlanta just got the app last week. He said that all ATF mail goes to Dallas where it is tested and then forwarded to Atlanta. He told me that it would be about a month. I told him I was a LEO and he said that would cut the time down. I've got the Atlanta number at the office. If anyone is interested I'll post it tomorrow.

Anxiously Awaiting...

rob1

FALaholic #
You folks should be glad that it is taking so long, because once you get it, you won't have any money! I keep on thinking about building another FAL to go with the two I have, but I keep finding neat c&rs to spend my coins on!

NC_Rebel

FALaholic #
Originally posted by rob1:
You folks should be glad that it is taking so long, because once you get it, you won't have any money!
LOL this is true. So many guns, so little money.

Folks, I'm the mod at the Enfield Forum on another board. I'm going to visit over here more often. If I can be of help, just drop me a line. :)

Right Arm

FALaholic #
Is there a downside to having a C&R FFL? Such as opening yourself up to BATF scrutiny, having all of your guns that aren't C&R inspected, listed etc. What are the regs like for sales of C&R weapons as a dealer?

law4fun

Rest in Peace, 03/03/1958 - 01/08/2008
FALaholic #
Originally posted by Beaurt:
<STRONG>What is a CLEO? How do you find out who this thing/person is? Thanks for any replies.
Brandon :confused:</STRONG>
Chief Law Enforcement Officer
Either the chief of police or sheriff, depending on whether you live in town or in the county.

law4fun

Rest in Peace, 03/03/1958 - 01/08/2008
FALaholic #
Originally posted by Right Arm:
<STRONG>Is there a downside to having a C&R FFL? Such as opening yourself up to BATF scrutiny, having all of your guns that aren't C&R inspected, listed etc. What are the regs like for sales of C&R weapons as a dealer?</STRONG>
Yes...you are subject to ATF scrutiny of your C&R weapons and bound book. They cannot come to your house without making an appointment unless it is with a warrant. If they want to do a bound book inspection, you can have it at their office where they don't come to your licensed premises location. As to regs for sale of C&R weapons as a dealer...don't go there. As a C&R holder, you are not a dealer. You are a collector. You can sell to another FFL or a resident of your own state just like a private citizen.
I am sure that I missed something that someone will pick up... :D

BlueDuck

FALaholic #
Thanks for the replies to my questions and general posts. I just downloaded my C&R forms and filled them out. Sending them to the CLEO and ATF today! :D Do you guys thing that being on an Army post will make it more difficult or possibly easier for application approval. Should I call the ATF and ask? Thanks for any replies.
Brandon

Jen

Head Baby Sitter
Staff member
FALaholic #
Beaurt: It probably wouldn't matter for the application process, but you might want to check the regulations on your base to make sure you can possess the weapons on base.

Many bases are apparently moving to either a registration system (you have to register your weapons with base command) or you have to store your weapons at the base armory or some such.