• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Has It Broke 100F in Your AO Yet?

meltblown

Resident Smart Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Hi Pat. This is Ray from San Antonio. Last week I took the FAL to your favorite range, the butt hole, and it was only 95 degrees that day. I have been waiting for it to cool down here before I go again. Good Luck with that, right?. In the meantime, I have 300 pieces of processed .308 brass to reload so that will keep me busy. When it cools down, We need to get together and go to the range you were talking about.
Sounds like a plan. I've not been since we spoke.

SmokeEater2

Silver Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #
Haven't officially hit 100 yet but the heat index has been up there a while due to the humidity.

It's 90 degrees right not at 11:25 am with a "feels like" temp of 102 degrees that's supposed to be around 107 by this afternoon.

Upper 90's forecast for the whole week starting with 99 on Monday. We're just now getting into the hot weather that will last through September.

My fescue looks like crap this year but the alfalfa is loving the heat.

badzero

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Well,

Tomorrow 13 June it's supposed to hit 100. Been a fairly cool and wet spring and early summer in Omaha.

Thorack
It’s been the same here is Des Moines, the news keeps talking about a drought, but it’s been too cold and wet up until a couple of weeks ago for anyone to get in the field to plant.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
No 100 here yet, but for the next week plus, June is trying to "identify" as August.

View attachment 209796

It is cooler here than there, and with near no humidity.

Ya know the way,,,,coffee, or on this case, iced Tea will be waiting.

Those are dangerous temps with humidity....

SmokeEater2

Silver Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #
97 right now with a "feels like" temp of 107. I'd swear it's hotter than that if you're out in direct sunlight.

The official humidity reading is 49 percent I think they're lying. Feels like a sauna outside.

ETA- I've been switching out cool water for the stock a few times a day until they adjust to this a bit. Going from the nice cool weather we'd been having to instant heat is rough on them.

meltblown

Resident Smart Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Just got the power bill today for May. $50 higher than last year. 400 more KWH than last year. AC is running at night instead of cycling back as the outside temp is higher than the t-stat setting.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Monsoon coming in early this year for us here being reported out of Tucson weather news.
Welcomed news in SE AZ.
Rain starting Thursday, small chance, and then raining and only 86 predicted for Saturday.
Not over 100 all week, low to mid 90's.
Last year around now, we were well over 100, daily, 43 straight days, not a drop of water.
Anything water wise hitting the ground is highly welcomed, will decrease our yearly fire season...