• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Guns and Coffee

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Keep the Guns and Coffee posts coming. I still feel a loss at not having the FSE extended mag releases available for me to checker. That was a lot of fun, even tho it took me 45 minutes to do one.
More guns and coffee:
Slo -

Where did that semi-arched main spring housing come from?

Shlomo cut/made a couple of those, and I'm in love. He said it was modeled after the Pachmayr hard-rubber outfit of the same shape from some time in the 1980s. I happen to have one, and I love it. I also happen to have one of Shlomo's hand-made ones, and I love it.

Just curious if you made yours.

Slo cat

Master Metal Checkerer
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Where did that semi-arched main spring housing come from?

Shlomo cut/made a couple of those, and I'm in love. He said it was modeled after the Pachmayr hard-rubber outfit of the same shape from some time in the 1980s. I happen to have one, and I love it. I also happen to have one of Shlomo's hand-made ones, and I love it.

Just curious if you made yours.
Yes, I took a factory arched, serrated main spring housing and checkered it. The vertical serrations are at 20 lpi, so I just finished up the horizontal serrations with a 20 lpi file. Going around the curve of the MSH is tricky, as the horizontal cuts converge at the L & R sides. Here I use a single needle file.

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I started this one a few months ago and even began a thread on it. It’s one of those I had a few spare parts laying around pistols. I tried to document my build progress and I did actually but my digital camera that I was using took a dump so I don’t have the pictures anymore. It’s done and test fired but, I still need to blue lower receiver. It’s a Foster/ Caspian. I have another one waiting on a Caspian alloy Officers size frame to arrive.
C2EF39AA-251A-441E-AD08-9CAE5F937C50.jpeg

Last edited:

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
This one is on a Fusion Arms alloy Officers frame. It is temporarily wearing a 3.5 inch Colt top that I just bought here on the board. It normally wears a Springfield 4 inch compact slide and will go back to that as soon as I get the Caspian frame in that I mentioned in my previous post when the Colt 3.5 will be built to it.
17407457-1808-4560-9C1A-037ADABA5E86.jpeg

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I used to have one of the Tapco FAL mugs as well as a Tapco 1911 mug but, the ex-wife, in a crazy ex-wife moment, returned them to me by throwing them bodily and violently in my driveway. Needless to say, the pieces of shattered cups were worthless in trying to salvage for reassembly. I can build a FAL and, a 1911 but, I can’t build a Tapco cup.

🥲 ☹

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I used to have one of the Tapco FAL mugs as well as a Tapco 1911 mug but, the ex-wife, in a crazy ex-wife moment, returned them to me by throwing them bodily and violently in my driveway. Needless to say, the pieces of shattered cups were worthless in trying to salvage for reassembly. I can build a FAL and, a 1911 but, I can’t build a Tapco cup.

🥲 ☹
PM me your address. I'll send you one.