• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Gunbrokered Me Another Jeep XJ for Some Reason

Andy the Aussie

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Ya'll are grating on Andy the Aussie's nerves...loving up on a XJ!:rolleyes:

I have grated his nerves over the years with my XJ as well...think my latest is my 7th XJ. I started when they first came out with a 1984 XJ 2Dr. My latest is a 96 that I saved from the junkyard....a solid vehicle that is a work in progress.
……… awwwwww you don’t grate my nerves at all. I just sit here on my throne and feel for all you “Quaint Jeep Folk” ;) :D

JColdIron

FALaholic #
Nice one! Looks well cared for.

Wife's went 265K until she ignored a leaking radiator and blew the head gasket... That was a sad day.

I've got some skid plates and spares I was going to put on Craigslist if you are interested. Front axles with hubs. Driveshafts. Extra 231 transfercase.

Also a lifted 93 project with longarms and a D300. But it needs a bunch of work.

ByronF

FALaholic #
Nice one! Looks well cared for.

Wife's went 265K until she ignored a leaking radiator and blew the head gasket... That was a sad day.

I've got some skid plates and spares I was going to put on Craigslist if you are interested. Front axles with hubs. Driveshafts. Extra 231 transfercase.

Also a lifted 93 project with longarms and a D300. But it needs a bunch of work.
Wish you were closer. It's an 8+ hr one way trip. Mine has the chin skid plate, likely installed with the winch. Which is funny, my tiny stock tires and wheels with an 8000 lb winch and brush guard.

Been flushing the brown out of coolant system all weekend with collected rain water. I think I'll do final drain, then recharge with actual coolant today, but will likely keep drawing off brown cap for a while.

J. Armstrong

Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
……… awwwwww you don’t grate my nerves at all. I just sit here on my throne and feel for all you “Quaint Jeep Folk” ;) :D
Wait a minute - you're feeling up strange people while you're on the toilet :eek:
Never thought of you that way, Andy !!!;)

ByronF

FALaholic #
Seafoam intake aerosol made a difference. Quieter, smoother idle. I suspect I was hearing slight contact of carbon deposits on piston/head on warm-up. Just barely off-idle it started surging. Reset ECU, went away. Next step is plugs and clean the IAC. But it's running pretty well.

After that it's outer u-joints and pinion seal on front axle.