• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Grail Gun Comes Home to Papa!!!

Gazz

FALaholic #
Good plan not to shoot it. I forget who the guy was but he was a dealer or importer of surplus stuff and an avid shooter. He was at the range shooting one of these with his handloads when the rifle let go and bolt buried itself in his eye socket. He did not make it.

VAplinker

FALaholic #
Good plan not to shoot it. I forget who the guy was but he was a dealer or importer of surplus stuff and an avid shooter. He was at the range shooting one of these with his handloads when the rifle let go and bolt buried itself in his eye socket. He did not make it.
Damn...

Would love one of these rifles too, but not interested in getting a bolt through my eyeball

gew98

FALaholic #
away from taxation without representation , Kentuc
That was the fella that ran NAVY ARMS , happened in newjerkistaniland. Blew the bolt out of the rifle into his head...dead on the spot.

Warrior1354

FALaholic #
What a wonderful rifle they are truly awesome, and unique. Right now I know a gentleman sitting on a couple of them, but he's not ready to sell them yet. I did end up with his 1885 Remington naval contract, with a bunch of accessories though. Still a Naval trapdoor, and a winchester lee are need for the collection. And some day maybe a Naval krag and winchester hotchkiss as well. Thank you for sharing and congratulations to you.

1000001949.jpg

Marlin781

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
What a wonderful rifle they are truly awesome, and unique. Right now I know a gentleman sitting on a couple of them, but he's not ready to sell them yet. I did end up with his 1885 Remington naval contract, with a bunch of accessories though. Still a Naval trapdoor, and a winchester lee are need for the collection. And some day maybe a Naval krag and winchester hotchkiss as well. Thank you for sharing and congratulations to you.

View attachment 390263
Ha! You do dig those naval rifles dontcha? Definitely a cool niche to dive into!

MilsurpMonkey

Red-headed Step Child
FALaholic #
That was the fella that ran NAVY ARMS , happened in newjerkistaniland. Blew the bolt out of the rifle into his head...dead on the spot.
It most certainly was not the fate of Forgett. It was an employee of Sarco. Glenn something if I recall correctly. I remember the last name was uncommon, but not what it was.