• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Got a sharps 50/70 carbine today.....

gew98

FALaholic #
away from taxation without representation , Kentuc
Got a sharps 50/70 saddle ring carbine today. Scrubbed the bore and it is about mirror perfect with some lead fouling still there. Shot 25 rds out of it...shoot way way high !!!. Bit fun , oh dear lord it's fun !. Rear sight is a buckhorn non original....gotta find a correct rear for it now. Front sight is the original base , just a replaced german silver blade - well I think so anyways. Unsanded original wood , alot of original finish remaining. Happy as a pig in mud !.

1911Ron

FALaholic #
Got a sharps 50/70 saddle ring carbine today. Scrubbed the bore and it is about mirror perfect with some lead fouling still there. Shot 25 rds out of it...shoot way way high !!!. Bit fun , oh dear lord it's fun !. Rear sight is a buckhorn non original....gotta find a correct rear for it now. Front sight is the original base , just a replaced german silver blade - well I think so anyways. Unsanded original wood , alot of original finish remaining. Happy as a pig in mud !.
Pictures???

John Crusher

FALaholic #
Go to C. Sharps front sight and measure yours and select a taller front or 2.
I was shooting a foot high with my Business rifle and got 2 and fortunately didn't have to file dress the 1st taller one much to get it dead nuts on.
Used the other on my Quigley to get 250yd. zero!
I use Lee Shaver sights.

gew98

FALaholic #
I cant manage pics from phone to PC - the damn I phone just wont talk to my PC anymore. There was a time I had a sony Mavica and it was so easy and too amazing pics...but newer "browzers" and op systems have made pic taking and posting considerably harder...and incompatible. Guess that's how they justify their jobs.

gew98

FALaholic #
Go to C. Sharps front sight and measure yours and select a taller front or 2.
I was shooting a foot high with my Business rifle and got 2 and fortunately didn't have to file dress the 1st taller one much to get it dead nuts on.
Used the other on my Quigley to get 250yd. zero!
I use Lee Shaver sights.
Is that C.SHARPS.COM ?.

Jeff in Pa

Contributor
FALaholic #
I cant manage pics from phone to PC - the damn I phone just wont talk to my PC anymore. There was a time I had a sony Mavica and it was so easy and too amazing pics...but newer "browzers" and op systems have made pic taking and posting considerably harder...and incompatible. Guess that's how they justify their jobs.
Use the phone to send an email ( attach the pic) to your PC. Winner winner chicken dinner (y)

FP1201

FALaholic #
I had a three digit sn# "Trap-Door" in 50/70 and it was fun to shoot, tough to find Brass for it, front sight was damn near impossible for me to see it and anything else...sold it a few weeeks back.
I have a Sharps reproduction made by Chiappa...looks spectacular, haven't shot it yet, should be able to take stout 45/70 loads.

FP1201

FALaholic #
L. Romano Rifle Company
Address: 551 Stewarts Corners Rd, Pennellville, NY 13132
He pretty much hand builds reproduction rifles...shop is a Barn, no real showroom, but that's not important, what is are the guns he makes, also does Sales/Service on Industrial Machines (Mills, Lathes, Shapers, etc.)
He's less than an hour from our House...word has it he sells a lot of his Wares at the Re-Enactments in Winchester, VA

Last edited:

spider991

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Excellent, I shoot my original 50-70 rifle and have a carbine on order from shiloh sharps also 50-70...start the hunt for brass now as it sucks to find

gew98

FALaholic #
Excellent, I shoot my original 50-70 rifle and have a carbine on order from shiloh sharps also 50-70...start the hunt for brass now as it sucks to find
I shoot my 1870 dated breechblock 50/70 trapdoor all t he time too. Love it !. Its right next to the sharps on the table.