• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Got a Neat Type 99 in at the Auction Today......

Gazz

FALaholic #
Nice! I saw a katana get sold at auction a few months ago that had a .45 bullet strike on the scabbard which of course dented the blade as well. The owner of the sword like the owner of your rifle most likely fought to the very end.

gew98

FALaholic #
away from taxation without representation , Kentuc
If only it could talk....

The rifle is all matching. I found the dust cover in a bag of parts - numbered to the gun.

krf
Killer !!. Impossible to upgrade !. I had a type 99 very similar to yours , only a post 43 made 99 though made with no monopod and missing dust cover. It was matching and came from a garage sale in NJ 35 + years ago. It was bullet struck on handguard and hit the barrel good. Had a "dent" visible in bore. Also had a hit on buttstock that knocked some wood chips off and bent a tit in the buttplate. I removed buttplate when I got it home and found a slightly deformed tip of a 30 carbine slug still in the wood !. Put it back together. I traded it to a buddy that had a thing for battle damaged pieces. He also got my vitenam pick up sks that had multiple bullet hits - one hit even fubar'd the gas tube handguard assy . A buddy in colorado has a handful of battle damaged rifles , jap and german - Some really neat relics !. Many years ago in the old KCN newsletter a guy had a 98k with some good shrapnel hits and I recall a type 38 jap rifle in same peppered condition discussed there too.

ExCdnSoldierInTx

Don’t California my Texas!
Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Man oh man. Some kid fought to his last breath. Yeah he was the enemy, but you still gotta respect that. Fvck!
Thats got to be the coolest Type 99 I’ve ever seen. Glad whoever picked it up squirreled it away so the Mum didn’t get fubar’d

Colts4me

FALaholic #
I bought a bring back jap sword made for the military, samurai model I guess. Neat old stuff to have, sharp too. Brings a lot of history to mind as I handle it.

Got to thinking about the 99s. I read a story long ago that you can tell a bring back 99 by the crisantimum flower on the reciever. Surrender guns had it ground off so the Emporer wouldn't be offended.

Last edited:

NFADLR

FALaholic #
Location thats the question▽ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿?
Had a top feed type 96 or there abouts that was aamnesty gun back at the Big Reno show, it was when I was a MG dealer so I spirited it away for a while so I could research what could be done with it.

In the end it was cut up as BATFE didnt want to give a posthumous transfer from the paperwork that it was identified with , the past owner didnt attempt to register it within the proper time frame.

It was brought back in 42-44 time frame.