• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Glock police trade-in goodness

kfranz

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Any of you Glock Guys ever built a P80?

We all got different ones for Christmas. Both Brownells and Midway had the sets on sale. The custom G17 long slide with the G19 grip height is on sale at Midway right now to celebrate Shot Show 2020. Mine is the G26. I had a lot of fun building it and it shoots straight as an arrow. Its only the third week of January and Ive got 500rds on it. I followed their instructions, used Glock OEM parts and have had zero problems.
Yep, mine go bang. Oddly peaceful carving on them with an exacto knife and then dremeling with a stone.

pmf

FALaholic #
Yeah, that was the ugliest one of the batch.
Figured if I fugked it up, no bother.
Turned out great.
So, its my go-to house gun.

I have a proper Glock sight-pusher tool, which makes swapping Glock sights really easy.

Remember the RED loctite on the front sight.

I refuse to hold the Glock in whatever way the factory regulated it for the rear sight to be center on the slide. All my Glocks have the rear sight pushed ALL THE WAY to the right in order to hit pretty much to point of aim. I'm probably holding my pecker wrong.

My hold is firing hand THUMB POINTING DOWN.
Support hand thumb wrapped over the firing hand thumb, and also pointing DOWN.

I've tried the both-thumbs-pointing-up grip that seems to make these guns shoot better to to point of aim if the sight isn't jacked all the way to one side. The both-thumbs-up hold impresses me as a good way to increase the chances that the bad guy will snatch the gun right out of your hand at bad-breath distance. Maybe if I ever take up Parlor Pistol, I'll make an exception. I figure by then I'll be holding my pecker a lot less anyway.
Just hold it sideways "ghetto style" and forget sight position. You need two of them to pull it off Hollywood style.

The sights on my 17 trade-in gun were barely visible in the dark and not much better in daylight. I took it to Vienna Arsenal where I did the transfer (for $25 -- not bad for northern VA). They sold me a set of Truglo sights for $89 and installed them for no charge. I might do the same to my Glock 21 that's been sitting in my safe for almost 3 decades. I'm more of a 1911 guy ... but these Glocks sure are easy to field strip compared to a 1911, reliable and have a lot higher capacity magazines. Of course the ammo goes quicker ...

I've used this Vienna Arsenal place twice for transfers. Nice to have a decent gun shop in politically correct Vienna. Apparently all the residents filled out a petition when he first opened. How can we have a gun shop in downtown Vienna, drawing all the bad elements into our wonderful community. To their shock, the mayor told them that as long as a business was operating within the law, she had no right to dictate what businesses do within the town limits. The owner is a former marine, pretty laid back guy and the guys working there seem to lack a lot of that typical gun store employee dick thing. Prices are shy high, but its northern VA where everything costs twice as much as it should. Anyone who pays $16 for a box of 9mm, deserves it.

Times change I guess. This was also the year that I succumbed and bought an AR-15. I store it on the other side of the safe from the FALs because they tend to like to rough the little guy up in the dark. WW2 bolt guns in the middle keep the peace.

1MOR

FALaholic #
Aim Surplus has graced me with two G21 LEO trade ins. First one, gen 3 had a little holster wear in the expected places, had Glock grease, fired shell case, Glock manual, cleaning kit and a new case. It also came with the ridges on the trigger face. Gen 4 appeared to be about new, one mag and no other accessories in the case. Neither had LEO markings. Reasonable prices! Tough to find Glock trade ins at AS now. Just keep hitting their website.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I bought a couple of the G23's (fo-tay calbro) several months ago.
PD trade-ins. Nearly new condition. About $200 less than new ones.
I'd never had a "mid-size" Glock before. So in accordance with the principles of hoarding shit I've managed to live without for this long, I bought TWO of them.

Got to shoot them today.
Shot the factory .40 barrels and the expensive gay penis-colored 9mm conversion barrels. Because Yellowhand bought up all the discount non-penis-colored ones. The penis color is actually "copper" according to AIM. OK,... if they say so.

The factory .40 barrels protrude from the front of the slide a little bit.
The penis barrels run flush with the front of the slide, with a recessed crown.

Not much to say about the guns really.
100% reliable function with .40 FMJ.
Both shoot low-left like every other Glock I've ever shot, because I "don't know how to hold the gun right."
The recoil in FO-TAY was "snappy" as weenie-people like me like to say.
Also pretty harsh back-slap on my fingertip. I'm sure that's also because I "don't know how to hold the gun right."

The penis-colored 9mm barrels seemed to work pretty good. Flawless with 124-grain ammo. Not 100% reliable with Wolf steel-case 115-grain ammo. Short-cycling with the Wolf 115. Although they got less unreliable after a couple magazines. Less back-slap on the trigger with the penis-barrels.

Running 9mm barrels and magazines.
Running .40 extractor.

I didn't have all day to shoot pistols. So not a high round count today. Just as well, because the snappy treatment the trigger was giving my trigger finger was pretty fucking unpleasant.

Overall, no regerts.
Can't wait to shoot the two G21's (45 ACP)
and the two M&P 45's
Actually I can wait. But I probably won't. Maybe if they offer penis-colored drop-in 10mm barrels.

G23's with conversion barrels - smaller.jpg

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I bought a couple of the G23's (fo-tay calbro) several months ago.
PD trade-ins. Nearly new condition. About $200 less than new ones.
I'd never had a "mid-size" Glock before. So in accordance with the principles of hoarding shit I've managed to live without for this long, I bought TWO of them.

Got to shoot them today.
Shot the factory .40 barrels and the expensive gay penis-colored 9mm conversion barrels. Because Yellowhand bought up all the discount non-penis-colored ones. The penis color is actually "copper" according to AIM. OK,... if they say so.

The factory .40 barrels protrude from the front of the slide a little bit.
The penis barrels run flush with the front of the slide, with a recessed crown.

Not much to say about the guns really.
100% reliable function with .40 FMJ.
Both shoot low-left like every other Glock I've ever shot, because I "don't know how to hold the gun right."
The recoil in FO-TAY was "snappy" as weenie-people like me like to say.
Also pretty harsh back-slap on my fingertip. I'm sure that's also because I "don't know how to hold the gun right."

The penis-colored 9mm barrels seemed to work pretty good. Flawless with 124-grain ammo. Not 100% reliable with Wolf steel-case 115-grain ammo. Short-cycling with the Wolf 115. Although they got less unreliable after a couple magazines. Less back-slap on the trigger with the penis-barrels.

Running 9mm barrels and magazines.
Running .40 extractor.

I didn't have all day to shoot pistols. So not a high round count today. Just as well, because the snappy treatment the trigger was giving my trigger finger was pretty fucking unpleasant.

Overall, no regerts.
Can't wait to shoot the two G21's (45 ACP)
and the two M&P 45's
Actually I can wait. But I probably won't. Maybe if they offer penis-colored drop-in 10mm barrels.

View attachment 396921

I've never changed an extractor with any of the ones I've converted and never had any issues with them

Bought a few of the 9mm ones,,,on sale of course, all still in the baggies.

I find 40 rather snappy in any thing, with those surplus MP's about the worst of the lot.

Low left, aim high right???

My first shots, from a cold barrel, always high left.

So, I aim for the spleen and hit left center lung.

AK103

FALaholic #
G4 G21 $355 with free ship!

Last edited: