• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

From Numrich all steel Israeli 20 round mags for $50 each

TenTea

Contributor
FALaholic #
Your listing looks good, but if unsatisfied with the result, maybe a higher opening bid was in order?

If unwilling to do the penny start auction, then make opening bid palatable to you.

Buyer got a nice pair of mags for ~$28 ea. delivered = good deal.

Some GB users will shy away from a seller with little or no feedback.
Maybe that was the case, here?

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
SHEEE-e-eet... I guess that "WA-state Window" done closed down the market cuz I just let *2* MINT/NOS Izzy mags go on GB for only $45 for the pair!... only *1* bid, WTF over?? Granted, I'm new on there, only 1 feedback, but still... somethin' smells like "shill"...

(Bought these in the brown-paper and string-wrapped 4-packs from EntREprise, circa 2001-02... don't lie, you stocked up too!)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/938664512 <<--please critique my listing, harshly, tell me where I'm goin' wroooong... 🤕 :unsure:
Your ad was fine, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for a mag, I'd be happier at $25 a mag. People have too much stupid money right now.

I will say your opening bid and buy it now prices were odd. Usually the buy it now price is enticing enough and close enough to the opening bid that you are trying to get someone to say fuck it to avoid the auction and buy it now. That's not the case when you start something at $45and then put a $145 buy it now price, who's going to do that?

Enquiring Minds

FALaholic #
I will say your opening bid and buy it now prices were odd. Usually the buy it now price is enticing enough and close enough to the opening bid that you are trying to get someone to say fuck it to avoid the auction and buy it now. That's not the case when you start something at $45and then put a $145 buy it now price, who's going to do that?
I hear that, it's just that my BINow price reflects what recent comparables actually went for, so figured hey, let's cut this short and cash-out now, get these greasy things off my desk, lol... also trying to avoid the "Reserve" thing--I don't like the fees and bidders don't like the "surprise". Lastly, I don't yet have the reputation (or nerve) to start bidding at 1 penny, though that does seem to "chum the water" and add a bit of frenzy to the bidding.

... plus my thinking is skewed by my very first sale last week--started bids @ $1,399, Buy It Now $1,799, got snapped up in 8 hours!!

But "much grass" for the feedback!... keep it comin' my FAL Bros!

Exit308

Veritas et Aequitas
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
SHEEE-e-eet... I guess that "WA-state Window" done closed down the market cuz I just let *2* MINT/NOS Izzy mags go on GB for only $45 for the pair!... only *1* bid, WTF over?? Granted, I'm new on there, only 1 feedback, but still... somethin' smells like "shill"...

(Bought these in the brown-paper and string-wrapped 4-packs from EntREprise, circa 2001-02... don't lie, you stocked up too!)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/938664512 <<--please critique my listing, harshly, tell me where I'm goin' wroooong... 🤕 :unsure:
I've got one of those 4 packs, but for some reason, my memory is telling me I got them from Springfield.
These prices lately are surprising me.

Enquiring Minds

FALaholic #
I've got one of those 4 packs, but for some reason, my memory is telling me I got them from Springfield.
These prices lately are surprising me.
Oh sure, when Israel's IDF decided to officially retire the FAL/FALO, friggin' SHIPloads of mags made it over... SARCO, Springfield, Numrich, etc., everyone got a pile... foolishly, I thought with so few peeps into FALs (ARs and AKs being the mainstays), the supply would "never run out"... I naively underestimated the ability of Globalist Scumbag politicos to hose things up.

But hey, still got so many I'm selling off a few... air-conditioned storage gettin' super spendy here in steambath/hurricane country, paying rent for stuff you never use is finally making an impression on my rational side...

Mebsuta

Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
FALaholic #

I know f-ck all about Gunbr0ker, but just to be typing something I'll say this:

If you're new on Gub Broker so what. A guy from a band said never introduce the new song, just play it.

You've been around this stuff forever and so have they. They are flippers and semi pros looking for the next deal, so this is what it is, this is the starting bid, this is the buy-it-now.

I have some stuff I don't think I'm ever gonna sell, and if my cousin gurls toss it in the clean-out dumpster when I pop off, who cares. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

ICOM7800

FALaholic #
I just received what were advertised as NOS FN Israeli 20 round steel mags for $50 each plus free shipping from Numrich gun parts. I cleaned off the preservative oil with ballistol and they look pretty good (one of them has a few scratches)
I have 2 questions: 1) how did I do on the price/condition? 2) should I take them completely apart and clean them. Is that necessary or worthwhile and how much of a pita is that?
Thanks
Ray
Those look damn good.You did well.

MontanaGrant

FALaholic #
For gunbroker to pay you really need over a hundred feedback. I won’t buy from anyone with less than 30.

I have about 55 feedback and bids don’t reach max. Planning on throwing up a ton of tiny stuff just to boost feedback.

auggiedoggie

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Your listing looks good, but if unsatisfied with the result, maybe a higher opening bid was in order?

If unwilling to do the penny start auction, then make opening bid palatable to you.

Buyer got a nice pair of mags for ~$28 ea. delivered = good deal.

Some GB users will shy away from a seller with little or no feedback.
Maybe that was the case, here?
I do not/will not buy or sell to folks with bad or little feedback. Too many cheesedickers out there. It hasn't always been this way but we are here now.

jyo

FALaholic #
Way back, when I took over the management of a well-stocked gun store (owned by a good friend and shooting buddy), he offered me a "signing" bonus---he knew I had three FALs (one FN and two Argie factory rifles), he said there are cases of FAL surplus magazines in the warehouse---go take as many as you want (they were selling for $5. bucks apiece at that time---early 90s) . I asked if I could have ten for each rifle (30)---he said: "Take 40!" So I looked them over and they were in really good condition! They all had Israeli markings on them (I didn't know much about FAL mags back then), so I cherry-picked the nicest 40 examples and degreased them and then coated them with CLP inside and out. A few years later, I learned these are considered some of the very best! During a career change, I sold the two Argie rifles with 10 mags each (they were a very good investment) and kept the FN 50.00 along with 20 magazines... None of these mags has ever given me a problem...