• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Forearm mods to mount a light inquiry

maxblaster

FALaholic #
I'm aware of what's on the market for forearm options for the PTR91 to mount accessories. I currently have the much preferred standard wide HK type forearm on a PTR91. I'm not so inclined to completely switch out forearms (can be expensive) just to mount a light. My question is to this crew.... Has anyone added a 1913 section to the synthetic wide forearm by modification, holes drilled, enough space behind forearm etc. etc. Was the angle worked out to get a beam parallel to bore axis.... for purposes of mounting a light? Has it been done? Is it functional , rugged and reliable? What, if any are alternate methods other than a forearm switch out (other than barrel mount)? Your input is appreciated, Thanks JB

brownknees

FALaholic #
No, but I have done it on a FAL with a synthetic foreaerm & it works well.
I bought a set of 3 short rail sections in Keymod.
I positioned the rail section (about 2") as close to parallel as possible & picked the position & drilled one hole.
Then I drilled the hole through the hand guard & hand tightened the bolt.
Next I manually co-witnessed the light beam with a red dot sight at 25 yds & then marked the position for the second hole.
Once all was in & the light beam centered on the red dot reticule I Daubed some JB weld in between the M-loc "nuts" on the inside of the forend.
Once cured I also put some more under the rail section & around the inside of the secure nuts.
Then I bolted the whole lot together for a couple of days to really set up.
Attaching the light & mount was solved by using a 45° offset mount from the web & an Fenix PD35 TAC (mkII) 1" diameter tactical light with its accessory end cap switch.

DSCF0491.JPG

AGG

FALaholic #
I put the Surefire hand guard on my PTR PDW.
It looks cool, but I remove the flashlight when I'm shooting at the range, that muzzle concussion is nuts.

View attachment 388063
Excellent rifles and setups.
Your method of adding a light is best (or a separate forearm)--- I would not alter an original firearm.

Tony