• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Food…or, what’s cooking??

VALMET

M62/76
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I was looking around for a thread to drop this in but was unable to find one. I got to thinking, many of the forums have an epic “food thread” and since I couldn’t find one here I figured why not? 🤷‍♂️

Im a taco nut, and a local bbq spot does Taco Tuesdays and had them for the first time last week and they were to die for. IMG_9643.jpeg

Anyone have a go-to/favorite dish they make or must have food from a local joint?

Saint Nam

FALaholic #
diced up a carrot and minced some garlic for the rice, so we're only just getting started. First impressions: I really like the weight, balance and height of this knife. Having just come off a few days of using my Suisin Inox Honyaki, this tallboy almost feels like a double-decker. Looking forward to using it more over the next few days and working it into my rotation.
cvps.22.1025.04.plated.jpg

Cava3r4

FALaholic #
in Melissa TX we have Salsa restaurant and they delicious BRISKET Tacos. Very generous proportion. 2 of them will fill you up. Must be close to 3/4 pound of Brisket.
I was with wife at an optometrist office and bragged to the guy I was going out for Taco Tuesday. He laughed and said "do you know what the worst thing about taco tuesday is?" I said no, what. (I'm white and of polish/ german descent). He said "there are too many white guys there!! Glad I wasn't drinking coffee. Funny...

WrocketWrecks

FALaholic #
One of the last times I was in Los Angeles I went to King Taco on 3rd st just east of the I710 and later a family owned / run place called El Tepiac in Boyle Heights up/north from the Evergreen Cemetery.

My favorite Italian restaurant had been closed so that was a bummer.
I know That King Taco well, I used to commute on the 60 fwy. from West LA to Riverside. There's another KT off of the 10 and San Pedro that's a bit better. If course, that was 20 years ago. If you are ever in that area again, Sandras tamales is near by on Whittier bl. The best tamales in LA.

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
Funny I was just thinking we needed a thread like this. Maybe re-title it "whats cooking?" or something so it gets added to.

Anyway Kroeger had ribeye roast on sale $7.99 a lb yesterday with a digital coupon so I whipped up some steaks for my boy and I after he learned to change the oil and plugs on a car today.

1000001720.jpg 1000001721.jpg 1000001722.jpg