• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

FN SPR works for me.

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Pretty awesome, Art!

When I remember what they sold for originally upon importation and look at them now, I have a wee bit of heartburn. ;)
I had a friend that had just picked up a dealership Bought the SPR, PBR, PS-90, FN-2000 and a 5-7 all at the same time. Made a nice addition to my FALs.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
Damn, that brings back memories. Bought my PBR just after FN acquired the M70 line. Started off with a Hogue overmolded stock, but I dumped that because it was too flexible, allowing movement when trying to take a long range shot. Swapped over to an HS Precision and haven't looked back. Running a Leupold MK3 3.5X10X40. Target is 5 rounds at 100 yards just to see group size before adjusting for zero. No clue to the ammo (handload or commercial), but most likely Federal GM SMK since I wasn't reloading precision .308 at the time.

PBR2.jpg PBR3.jpg PBR1.jpg

Venom6

FALaholic #
Superb rifles. Perhaps the best value out there at the time. I ran a first-gen (HS stock, chromed M240 barrel) as my primary sniper (LE) for several years. Still have it, but semi-retired (the rifle and me)! Still use it when I want to test new loads.

tac-40

Staff member
FALaholic #
I have always been happy with the McMillan stock my SPR A1 came in.
IIRC, when I was looking for stocks, McMillan did not have a stock for it or the Win M70 short action. That was the reason for the HS. The time frame WAS right after FN took over the Win M70 design as their own.

tac-40

Staff member
FALaholic #
1669299754001.png

Be careful Art. Those Karens get a little feisty when you mess with their hair.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HK, I think it was the detachable magazine versus the flush mag standard on the M70 that wouldn't fit the PBR.

Venom6

FALaholic #
View attachment 247312

Be careful Art. Those Karens get a little feisty when you mess with their hair.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HK, I think it was the detachable magazine versus the flush mag standard on the M70 that wouldn't fit the PBR.
Right! You may recall the legendary police sniper who was sued by the bank teller he saved. She was traumatized when the bad-guys brains splashed on her. True story.

tac-40

Staff member
FALaholic #
Not an AR , but a Calico M-100. Upper rear magazine held 100 rounds of 22LR. It looked so far out and space gun like, it was used in several Sci-Fi movies as the hero's weapon of choice.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Not an AR , but a Calico M-100. Upper rear magazine held 100 rounds of 22LR. It looked so far out and space gun like, it was used in several Sci-Fi movies as the hero's weapon of choice.

Didn't Calico also make a 9mm? Ah, yes. Seems they still do.

We had the .22 and I thought I remembered a 9mm. Both in stock at the shop I worked at at one time. The guns ran well, IIRC. Load in the morning and shoot all day.