• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

FN America FAL kits for sale

LatetoParty

FALaholic #
I've been trying to decide what "type" upper receiver I should buy. I don't care to much if it has the Gendarmerie stamping on the side. Looking at the imprint on my lower receiver the correct upper that made up my rifle looks like it was a type 1 or 2. I'm I correct in my assumption?
5623FB90-0284-4461-8DA9-BDD0024B2DAA.jpeg

Tattered

Registered FAL offender
Contributor
FALaholic #
I've been trying to decide what "type" upper receiver I should buy. I don't care to much if it has the Gendarmerie stamping on the side. Looking at the imprint on my lower receiver the correct upper that made up my rifle looks like it was a type 1 or 2. I'm I correct in my assumption? View attachment 282483
Your lower is a Type 2

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Correct, my lower is a Type 2 but would you say looking at the imprint left from the original upper receiver it was a Type 1 or 2 and not a Type3?
The imprint is the same for all models. That's the inside of the upper receiver, the outside is what you want to match to your lower. T2.

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado
Yeah, the cast lowers have the para cut in the back plate whether they were para or not. Another mass production cost saving step.

I guess the question is whether or not the lowers that were sold as paras in the US some years back by a couple online sellers were paras from the factory or if the seller just cut off the tangs. In the end it probably doesn't matter much.

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
You guys are missing the actual point i was trying to make... on the fixed stock lowers, there is a relief cut @ the 6 o'clock position, which is NOT present on para lowers:

243916 (1).jpeg

fal-argentina-lower-02.jpg

echo3hooah

FALaholic #
Update on DSA barrels. Just got mine today the gas block is tight. In the photo that is pushing it hand tight. I might have to take some Emory cloth to the journal before I install it. It under clocks a bit on the receiver.

Attachments:

89HJ61

FALaholic #
Update on DSA barrels. Just got mine today the gas block is tight. In the photo that is pushing it hand tight. I might have to take some Emory cloth to the journal before I install it. It under clocks a bit on the receiver.
That’s good news. I ordered mine Monday night but only said a shipping label has been made.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I might have to take some Emory cloth to the journal before I install it.
You may want to reconsider this. Do you have a proper press? You don't want to hammer the thing on and you certainly don't want to sand down the journal area to get it to fit easier. A proper press will send it home nice and easy.

echo3hooah

FALaholic #
You may want to reconsider this. Do you have a proper press? You don't want to hammer the thing on and you certainly don't want to sand down the journal area to get it to fit easier. A proper press will send it home nice and easy.
I just hit it briefly with some 220 sand paper to knock down the park. Just tapped it on using some 3/4 copper pipe.

Last edited: