• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

FN America FAL kits for sale

grassyak

FALaholic #
Sorry in advance, this is my first experience in the FAL world.

I ended up getting a kit (279/400). Only serialized part I can find is the bolt carrier. What else should I expect to be matching/serialized? I was expecting more matching numbers.

Also, is the DSA Gendarmerie type 3 upper the only real option for this kit or just the most "clone correct"?

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Well, after checking a few file photos, it appears to be the same as Argy. I thought the web behind the trigger plunger saddle was different, as the radius inside below the recoil plate, and the radius on the sides going to the rear of the recoil plate. But from my file photos, they look the same.
_MG_9287.JPG
_MG_9289.JPG
fal-argentina-anatomy (4).JPG
fal-argentina-lower-02.jpg

YaBoyKGTho

FALaholic #

I ended up getting a kit (279/400). Only serialized part I can find is the bolt carrier. What else should I expect to be matching/serialized? I was expecting more matching numbers.

Also, is the DSA Gendarmerie type 3 upper the only real option for this kit or just the most "clone correct"?
Type 1, 2, and 3 will fit, but that is the most "clone correct" afaik.

def90

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
The Peoples' Republic of Boulder, Colorado

Bolt and carrier should match. The receiver would have matched as well but that was torch cut and thrown in the trash on the way in.

Frozenred

FALaholic #
I ordered my receiver from DSA last Thursday and they still haven't shipped it yet. I ordered my barrel yesterday and they shipped it today. I've never ordered a receiver from DSA before so I have no idea how normal this is.

msnyder

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I ordered my receiver from DSA last Thursday and they still haven't shipped it yet. I ordered my barrel yesterday and they shipped it today. I've never ordered a receiver from DSA before so I have no idea how normal this is.
It's normal. They usually ship a week or two after I order.

Frozenred

FALaholic #
It's normal. They usually ship a week or two after I order.
That sucks. I received an order confirmation Friday that listed my FFL's info and everything. Makes me think they didn't have them ready when they updated the website to say they were in stock again. I'm sure they're busy, but they shipped my barrel fast. If I had known it would take this long to get my receiver I would've ordered weeks ago.