• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

FN America FAL kits for sale

FALX82

FALaholic #
Well, RIP to the dream. Not gonna feed the gunbroker model of letting people sell stuff for crazy prices just to because they can. If I don’t want it I won’t stop someone that does from getting it. Congrats to all that got it that wanted one. Super jealous and excited for you.

89HJ61

FALaholic #
Well, RIP to the dream. Not gonna feed the gunbroker model of letting people sell stuff for crazy prices just to because they can. If I don’t want it I won’t stop someone that does from getting it. Congrats to all that got it that wanted one. Super jealous and excited for you.
I wonder if they will announce the actual grand prize winner? I have only seen one kit so far on him broker for $1,500. See if the rifle turns up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

FALX82

FALaholic #
I wonder if they will announce the actual grand prize winner? I have only seen one kit so far on him broker for $1,500. See if the rifle turns up. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Good Question, but after going 0-400 and trying with all 3 of my email addresses to win once I won’t hold my breath. Whoever wins that is really gonna hit the jackpot. I just liked this particular FAL because of the history and coloration is my favorite. I mean I wear purple shoes, lol.

bigd1979

FALaholic #
Good Question, but after going 0-400 and trying with all 3 of my email addresses to win once I won’t hold my breath. Whoever wins that is really gonna hit the jackpot. I just liked this particular FAL because of the history and coloration is my favorite. I mean I wear purple shoes, lol.
Wow u think that many people entered? U sld of had a good chance with all your entry's....

echo3hooah

FALaholic #
You still have a chance I am sure. I didn’t get my email till 27January. Which I am sure was from the January drawing. Since I was so late I am sure I am a result of someone passing or missing the email.

echo3hooah

FALaholic #
These are posted on DSA’s website. I wander why the receiver is so much more than the regular Type 3 receiver, does the markings really constitute that much more of a markup.

5EF9C141-117F-4E73-AE87-6974BE32CE66.jpeg 5A377139-A0B4-4F57-B303-2F7A78B77FBE.jpeg 54B2ED82-980D-4878-92A3-21E65DC4A8F8.jpeg

89HJ61

FALaholic #
I do like how they hid their makers mark the best they could. I know by law it had to be there and I think visible without any disassembly.

TraFALgar

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I wander why the receiver is so much more than the regular Type 3 receiver, does the markings really constitute that much more of a markup.
$424.95 is the same price as their custom marked Israeli cast receivers. So a $40 mark up for custom marking; that seems reasonable to me. Ain't nuthin' free any more! ;)

89HJ61

FALaholic #
So according to the description they based the markings on pics of an actual Gendarmerie receiver….I’d like to see those pics before I commit…
Right!!! I spoke to their CS today and they said they worked with FN and FN sent the pics before they destroyed the receivers. Hopefully someone with actual true knowledgeable of what they looked like originally will chime in.

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Update from DSA. I messaged them Friday about getting the light barrel they offer without the gas bock This was their reply.

View attachment 269839

I think this means "we know our barrels are not to FN spec as our gas block journals are undersize and an FN gasblock will spin freely on one"

Same problem they had with their first run of Izzy barrels, which they dumped on APEX, probably without noting they were DEFECTIVE.

Thus this . . .

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Right!!! I spoke to their CS today and they said they worked with FN and FN sent the pics before they destroyed the receivers. Hopefully someone with actual true knowledgeable of what they looked like originally will chime in.

The only difference I've seen by visual impression is that the serial number prefix is "DSAF" When I get around to the build I'll let you know if see anything else.

echo3hooah

FALaholic #
I think this means "we know our barrels are not to FN spec as our gas block journals are undersize and an FN gasblock will spin freely on one"

Same problem they had with their first run of Izzy barrels, which they dumped on APEX, probably without noting they were DEFECTIVE.

Thus this . . .

I will let you when I get it. If it is undersized I will be sending it to you to fix. That is if you would have it?😃

89HJ61

FALaholic #

Thus this . . .

So would it be a better option to just get a barrel with an attached gas block and not use the FN gas block from the kit? Or am I defeating he whole purpose of receiving the FN gas block? Sorry total novice here.

embatp

What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
So according to Pacos thread on these rifles ..link in the first few pages of this thread…the markings are wrong…..he did state the early 1954 all wood versions had markings that , to me, apper to be what dsa copied…….but that was early type 1 receivers and not the later type 3 required for these kits..

FAIL…

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I just don't know YET.

I'm basing my analysis on the previous dismal failure of getting a DSA made gas block fit an FN spec journal. Thus the video I made and posted.

I ASSUME that a standard DSA barrel will be a very loose fit with a standard FN gas block. Otherwise - why would they need a "special run" (as they needed for the Izzy kits, where a standard Izzy LB gas block spun loosely on a DSA barrel)?