• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

FN-49 Survey Has Been Discontinued

Dan at VOW

FALaholic #
Here is another thing on my Egyptian contract, the stock is original, has had repairs done, the finish is blued, not parked and appears to be original. It is worn in some areas from normal use, but is about 90-95%.

I don't mind having the oddball of the bunch, or one of them anyway. :D

Monster

FALaholic #
Egyptian 7.92x57
s/n 71xx
crown crest
no scope cut
no middle sling swivel (wish it did!)
no cross bolt (brass butt plate)
bolt non-matching
imported by CAI

Mad Dog 7.62

FALaholic #
Goose,

Egyptian Contract 8mm
SerNo 129XX, all matching numbers
Crown crest on reciever ring
No Scope rails
Muzzle cap is not welded
Original Stock with brass butt and unit disk, no reinforcing lug
Bolt is Type 2, cut for firing pin stop, firing pin is Type 3
Finish is black over park

HTH

xaztec

FALaholic #
"Frankenstein" Egyptian Contract (8x57 chambering - 7.92x57 for you purists):

Serial Number:
rec cover - 19079
rec - 950
bolt - 2677
Receiver ring crest (crown or eagle)? crown
Have scope cut on left receiver rail? no
Have a middle sling swivel located about 2" in front of the magazine? no
Have a reinforcing crossbolt in the stock? yes, it's a 30.06 stock I assume. Has the 30.06 style but plate too.

Optional question: Is the bolt machined to take a firing pin safety stop? (This machining is in the top of the bolt and is milled down into the firing pin channel on the aft end of the bolt). If so, does the bolt serial number match the receiver serial number? no it is not machined for the firing pin safety and no the numbers don't match.

Venezuelan Contract (7x57 chambering):

Serial number - 7722
Have a circular "Fuerzas Armadas Venezuela" cartouche on the right side of the buttstock? yes
Does the rear guard screw (behind trigger guard) have a small lock screw? yes
Optional question: Have a 2-piece or 1-piece handguard? (requires loosening the lower band in order to wiggle the handguards to find out). 2 piece

Note: It's generally accepted that all Venezuelans had the scope cut and muzzle brake so I am not surveying for that data. Mine has the scope rail but no muzzle break. Any idea where I can get my hands on one?

Goose52

FALaholic #
xaztec

Great report - thanks.

On your Egyptian - can you confirm that the receiver serial number is "950" and has no leading zeros (like "0950").

Your Vennie is absolutely correct except for the missing brake. Unfortunately, there is no source for these. All you can do is keep your eye on the WTS ads on the boards. If you find any, buy TWO - I'd like to have one too !

Thanks again,

Goose

Mangi One

FALaholic #
8mm
CIA Import with replacement stock
SN# 255XX
Brass buttplate on stock with trapdoor for cleaning kit
barrell, receiver, bolt, carrier, cover all serialized the same with Egyptian characters
Bayonet lug yes, scope mount no, mid sling swivel no