• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

WTB: FN-49 Argentine 20 round magazines

lew

FALaholic #
Howdy,

I'm looking for a couple or few 20 round magazines for an Argentine FN Mle. 49/FN49 rifle. (7.62 NATO).

Thanks!

Last edited:

lew

FALaholic #
I got mine from these guys, but they raised their prices, by a lot.

I contacted them last week to see if they might have a couple in the warehouse. No dice.😞

I have a beautiful matching rifle that comes with a magazine. :)
I wish I had the discretionary funds to allow me to buy whatever FN you have, and I do want another. For now, this Argentine will have to suffice. I have three ten rounders, but it just doesn't look right without a twenty. That said, these are some damned stout mags.

TXMoose

FALaholic #
I contacted them last week to see if they might have a couple in the warehouse. No dice.😞

I wish I had the discretionary funds to allow me to buy whatever FN you have, and I do want another. For now, this Argentine will have to suffice. I have three ten rounders, but it just doesn't look right without a twenty. That said, these are some damned stout mags.
Those mags look like a love child between a BAR and FAL

lew

FALaholic #
Those mags look like a love child between a BAR and FAL
More M14 or AR-10 as it only has feed lips toward the rear and none of the metal toward the front to guide cartridges as do the FAL and BAR mags have. The twin "spines" protruding from the rear are just for the bolt hold open tab on the left and another tab on the right that doesn't really do anything. The forward "lug" is far more substantial than the somewhat flimsy "beak" on the Belgian-type FAL magazine.

Many thanks to GMac for helping me out! I'm not going to close the thread, as I will still take more, but he's offered to send me a couple to try out before I buy.(y)(y)