• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

First Zero Turn: LIFE CHANGING

SpringerXD

FALaholic #
A zero turn with a stamped deck is a toy.
I wouldn't go quite that far. I bought my Toro new in 2010 and it's held up well. Would I prefer a commercial model? Absolutely. But it definitely gets the job done on my yard. I have just under an acre to mow and it probably wouldn't hold up if I were mowing ten every day. But it's worked for me.

meltblown

Resident Smart Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I think JD is a failed cult brand similar to Harley Davidson. Their mowers are crap. A zero turn with a stamped deck is a toy. Their frame tubing looks like playground equipment grade. Their parts prices alone are unforgivable. Dad has a JD conventional rider which has been nothing but trouble, all related to circuit board unreliability.
I have the 3025 JD tractor. It's been good with no issues, but I agree, anything JD as in mowers are crap.

meltblown

Resident Smart Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I wouldn't go quite that far. I bought my Toro new in 2010 and it's held up well. Would I prefer a commercial model? Absolutely. But it definitely gets the job done on my yard. I have just under an acre to mow and it probably wouldn't hold up if I were mowing ten every day. But it's worked for me.
If it got you that far then very cool. Here it is sand. Blades are crap after 2 or 3 times mowing and aren't going to get sharpened because of the wear. My issue would be seeing someone buying a pricey green mower with a stamped deck at Lowes who lived in my neck of the woods. Sand will eat through it here PDQ

SpringerXD

FALaholic #
If it got you that far then very cool. Here it is sand. Blades are crap after 2 or 3 times mowing and aren't going to get sharpened because of the wear. My issue would be seeing someone buying a pricey green mower with a stamped deck at Lowes who lived in my neck of the woods. Sand will eat through it here PDQ
If I had known more about this topic at the time, I would have spent maybe a thousand more and got an entry-level commercial model with the welded deck. I probably wouldn't have moved up to a diesel engine, though, because that would have doubled the price.

meltblown

Resident Smart Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
If I had known more about this topic at the time, I would have spent maybe a thousand more and got an entry-level commercial model with the welded deck. I probably wouldn't have moved up to a diesel engine, though, because that would have doubled the price.hing
Mower is a Bad Boy. Just entry level Tractor Supply with a 54" deck. Mine does fine for 2 1/2 acre front yard. Just service the filters and oil along with a tire once in a while and I'm good. I wanted the little Kubota tractor and they wouldn't deal. JD did better and so far, no issues

A1Trigger_Happy

FALaholic #
I wouldn't use a Poulen (AKA pullon) if someone gave it to me as I was rather pissed with the weed whacker and blower from wasting my money. When it comes to anything 2 stroke it's going to be orange as in Echo or Stihl. Even the mower is orange.
20220621_145950.jpg

1980's Poulan Woodsman 2000. My dad got it at a yard sale and wasn't really using it so brought it to me when they came to visit my family. I put a new fuel line on it, changed the fuel filter and cleaned/tuned the carb. Runs strong. Pops off quick. Sometimes doesn't want to start but for a free saw that isn't used often it works good.

GSAD

FALaholic #
Bought a SCAG Tiger Cub 48" in 2001. 19 HP Kawasaki. Still going strong w/825 HRS. Not much for comfort as far as seat goes but will bush hog and mow anything.
Bought a Kubota ZD 1211 4years ago 60" cut. It gives a better ride but it also is newer tech wise.

meltblown

Resident Smart Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
View attachment 221246

1980's Poulan Woodsman 2000. My dad got it at a yard sale and wasn't really using it so brought it to me when they came to visit my family. I put a new fuel line on it, changed the fuel filter and cleaned/tuned the carb. Runs strong. Pops off quick. Sometimes doesn't want to start but for a free saw that isn't used often it works good.
At one time they were made decent stuff and had a saw I bought in 2005 but sold it a few years later when I moved into a duplex in FL. That's what I thought when I bought those a few years back. I had a blower that would be exhausting to the point when it finally started you were too tired to use it and was using Trufuel with it and the weedwhacker. I thought that was just the deal with 2 stroke stuff until I wised up and started buying orange and making damn sure that they did not get gas with ethanol. I was firing off the chainsaw on a stick a few months back and pulled 4 or 5 times and was like tha fuck is this? I didn't have my prescription glasses on to see that the switch was off. But pushed to the other position and with 2 pulls she was burgling.

Last edited: