• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

First woman Blue Angels Pilot

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
She flying jets or the C-130 support plane? I read an article on this last year with pics of her in a jet (trainer) and in what looked like an F/A 18, but closer view indicated she was in the backseat. It was curious the lengths the article went through to suggest was flying the Hornet, when she was not so qualified. Flying the British Built C-130J "Fat Albert" is honorable as well, but it ain't a Hornet.

Thorack

Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I really dont care who's flying as long as they support.

Best fast mover Air Support I was involved with was during our Brigades Mission Readiness Exercise at NTC before our OIF V deployment. Our FOB was being attacked by insurgents at about 0300, our Air Force JTAC called in a Belgian F-16 that was training at Nellis and the pilot made numerous low level passes over our FOB deploying flares which allowed us to identify the insurgents. US Air Force fast movers were effective but never as helpful during my 2 trips to Iraq.

Thorack

Last edited:

jm7

FALaholic #
Was it ever determined if it was a woman pilot who dumped the F35 off the aircraft carrier into the South China Sea? Not saying she's unqualified.

Story

FALaholic #
She flying jets or the C-130 support plane?
She's coming over from VFA 106 Gladiators
VFA 106 FRS (navy.mil)

Lt. Lee is currently an F/A-18 Super Hornet demo pilot with Strike Fighter Squadron 106's (VFA-106) Rhino Demo Team and also a Super Hornet instructor. She grew up in Mounds View, Minnesota, according to the Navy. While attending the University of Minnesota in Duluth and working at UPS, she decided to enlist in the Navy, graduating from Recruit Training Command in Great Lakes, Illinois in 2007.
Meet Lt. Amanda "Stalin" Lee, First Woman Blue Angels Jet Demo Pilot (thedrive.com)

When a chick steps up to the plate, she should get all the appropriately deserved praise.
No - strike that / when ANYONE steps up to the plate.
Right?
Particularly from everyone on the sidelines who never did shit, or for those of us now out to pasture.
Right?​

1) Instructor. Not easy shit to do.

2) Enlisted. Meaning Mustang commission. Meaning a bit of street cred.

3) How good is she at splattering MiGs and dropping Danger Close?

RG Coburn

FALaholic #
Does anybody shoot at the Blue Angels? I really don't see the utility of groups like those,who are specifically there for show. Burns up lots of gas for no military gain. I'm wondering who did not make the "team",simply because they weren't the correct gender check in the box. Gender biased am I? Meh..youngest of 5 kids..all others sisters. You get a good perspective when you are constantly the subject of their devious attention.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Does anybody shoot at the Blue Angels? I really don't see the utility of groups like those,who are specifically there for show. Burns up lots of gas for no military gain. I'm wondering who did not make the "team",simply because they weren't the correct gender check in the box. Gender biased am I? Meh..youngest of 5 kids..all others sisters. You get a good perspective when you are constantly the subject of their devious attention.
The angels aren't just a demonstration team that exists for the purpose of recruiting and possibly showing off to foreign govts. All of the pilots are combat ready and asigned to squadrons on battle group carriers, the angels only being a brief additional duty. In a way, yes, people shoot at the blue angels. They aren't just a pretty govt money burner, they are the best of the best and I'd want any one of them on my team in a shooting war.