• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Finally!! Smith & Wesson Goodness!!

TenTea

Contributor
FALaholic #
I just fired my M1955T (pre-25) yesterday with full moon clips and factory ball ammo.
I also load 45 Autorim with semi wadcutters for it, too.
It's the one revolver I'd never sell.
What red blooded 'merican male doesn't love an N-frame Smith?

FUUN063

FALaholic #
To the OP, I remember purchasing my first 25. It was brand new, even in the S&W marked cardboard shipping box. I bought it from a guy who ordered it brand new, then found out it "was not a Colt" like they told him! He thought when he ordered it that buying "a 45" meant automatically it was a Colt 45. hehe. I got it for the full price of $350. It took years for me to take it out of the box and shoot it with my good shootin' buddy. Eventually, though, it went away to buy something else..........a Model 53 in the box with inserts.

Frontline, those boxed N frames sell well. The 6" guns bring the least, but still should fetch around $1200 or so, maybe higher if a guy is looking for that particular one. I know, I've had them. The really short snubs bring the premium and the .45 Long Colt's bring the most around here.

Abominog, I used to think like you, but those earlier A models just didn't like most ammo. These revolvers work nearly every time, so that puts them slightly ahead. But, I like me a good S&W of any flavor. Personally, I think they are better than a fine Colt. I've had them all, it seems. I still have a few Colt's, but like those Smith's.

I recently picked up a couple old N's in .44 Special and they are sweet along with a nickel Model 19 (which is a shooter!). Maybe I'll get some pics later.................

Right Side Up

FALaholic #
I had a really nice Pre-29 a while back. Very well made revolver. The only reason I don't still have it is because a fella that had a Winchester 1886 made it about 1889 IIRC wanted to do an even trade.

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
Nice pistol, OP. I sold mine some time back to fund a Model 53 with inserts. Hmmm, .44 Special guns, you say. I dug these out of the pile for a quick pic or two. Both .44 Specials in nice condition with original grips, too. Made about 1925. A 4" and a 6 1/2".

Leland
That 4 inch 44 special reminds me of a story about Jelly Bryce in a gunfight. Love them old stories and the guns they used.

"During his tenure at OKCPD, Jelly Bryce favored a Smith & Wesson 3rd Model Hand Ejector, in .44 Spl. The sixgun had fixed sights and a 4" barrel"

MAINER

Old Salt
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Nice pistol, OP. I sold mine some time back to fund a Model 53 with inserts. Hmmm, .44 Special guns, you say. I dug these out of the pile for a quick pic or two. Both .44 Specials in nice condition with original grips, too. Made about 1925. A 4" and a 6 1/2".

Leland
Nice 44’s there Leland. Not a thing wrong with that stag handle blade either. Marble’s I’m guessing?

SmokeEater2

Silver Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #
Nice pistola K Funk! That S&W model has been on my want list for years.

I've got a few Smith's but the only .44 special DA revolver I own is a 696. The .44 S is such a sweet cartridge.