• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

finally got one. the real deal. Trigger upgrades that work???

Canuckienns

Bronze Contributor
Contributor
FALaholic #
Steyr AUG M3A1. OD, just like my original one. Carry handle scope. Tough trigger, I guess my fingers are not as good as when I was much younger. Any upgrades that actually work?

hopdevil

Consumer of Belgian Guns and Beer
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I just got my rifle a few days ago. I’m awaiting my optic, but with handling it, I do not think the trigger is terrible then I saw this....I'm researching it now. Any feedback from users/owners?

46C45824-9BB9-4843-901E-83FF4E472013.png

Last edited:

1feral1

RAEME Fitter-Armourer
Contributor
FALaholic #
Canuck/Australian 'import' live'n in Merrimack, NH
I carried one of these rifles for 18 yrs all across Australia and two s-hole countries in the Middle East. My advice is stay stock. One can adjust the trigger pull by adjusting the sear bar on the trigger to get a lighter pull. Just mark it with a sharpie if you wanna steyr aug 1.jpg go back to the factory set.

I own a Steyr-AUG USA A3

I was an armourer, and worked at all levels from repair to rebuild on these things.

moonbat60

FALaholic #
I feel like putting a red dot sight on an AUG is like not using its full potential.

Mine has a 1-4x20mm Nikon M-223. Mount is also M-223.

Works great.

moonbat60

FALaholic #
I carried one of these rifles for 18 yrs all across Australia and two s-hole countries in the Middle East. My advice is stay stock. One can adjust the trigger pull by adjusting the sear bar on the trigger to get a lighter pull. Just mark it with a sharpie if you wanna View attachment 104825 go back to the factory set.

I own a Steyr-AUG USA A3

I was an armourer, and worked at all levels from repair to rebuild on these things.
What optic is that on yours?

1feral1

RAEME Fitter-Armourer
Contributor
FALaholic #
Canuck/Australian 'import' live'n in Merrimack, NH
What optic is that on yours?
ADI optics for F88SA1, standard 1.5X donut with x-hair. It was a export optics for potential export sales so I was told. Came of of CA, and is identical to the one I was issued. quite robust and is also used on the F89A1 Minimi.

moonbat60

FALaholic #
My AUG is a 2013 A3 M1. After about a year I did away with the muzzle device (tulip fh) and replaced it
with a Manticore Arms 3-prong. Even with hot loads almost no muzzle flash.