• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Err, umm, HOW does a 1911 become "C&R" just because it's made by DGFM-FMAP?...

pmf

FALaholic #
If you purchase it from a Type 01 FFL, it needs a 4473 and NICS. If you have a Type 03 C&R FFL, it ships straight to your door.
Bingo. I have a whole safe full of old greasy rifles and eastern European pistols from my C&R days. Guns shipped right to the front door. I'm not sure it was good for me, but I had fun.

Yeah, I've had regular FFL's in gun shops and shows turn it down and insist on the 4473 and NICS.

ThePitbullofLove

FALaholic #
... and renamed "Sistema 1927", say whuuut? Seems one of our fave FAL-mfrs. was a-crankin' out the Browning-type auto-pistols back when.

Before posting I looked for C&R "stickies" (none listed), and Searched 'DGFM' (nada) and Searched '1911' (LOTS of Swiss Rifle hits), ANYWAYS, please eh-splain this ad:

Remind me, Curio & Relic means no 4473 and no NICS? :unsure:
IMG_3961.jpeg

IMG_3960.jpeg

When I first saw posts on (REC.GUNS) BB about getting a 1911 sent directly to your house from a vendor, in about 2000 or so, I had to investigate what a C&R license was. Lo and behold, there was a whole list of cool collectible firearms that qualified for C&R status. I immediately had to get that license and buy a Sistema Colt M1927. It was so I nice I ordered another one...and another....and then started ordering other guns, until my apartment was overrun with firearms, ammo, mags, bayonets, swords, etc. So I guess you could say the Sistema Colt was the gateway "drug" that got me into triple digit numbers of guns, and to consider a bigger place when I moved....LOL.

If you have a C&R license, not only can you get the enumereated models in the C&R book sent to you, but also every year more and more guns become Curios and Relics by aging into the catagory....anything 50 years old and over....

The downside? Well, all of the cheap guns are gone. All of the cheap discounted surplus ammo is gone too.