• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Enemy Tactics in the Land of Gucci *

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Asians used to be the ones that everyone left alone. It was an unwritten rule that you didn't bother them.
By the same token, they never really bothered anyone else (unless provoked, such as the Rodney King riots) and just kept to themselves.
Times change, I guess. A target of opportunity is a target of opportunity.
Around here it was the Vietnamese in 1970s and 1980s. 99% were refuges recruited to work in poultry plants plus a percentage opened businesses to cater to Vietnamese population. They were super violent and not uncommon for them to go off with guns over anything. Have seen guns pulled outside of bars or other places but only been witness to someone actually shooting one time.

Back when Friday/Saturday night "cruising" was huge had loop where everyone went around the mall but security guards routed cruisers out after one turn then would go up divided four lane, take turn around Burger King and back to the mall. Basically every person sixteen to early twenties was in the loop including Vietnamese kids. Parking lot of Burger King blew up with at least two AR 15s and one or two AKs all select fire swapping rounds. I was in turn lane to enter the parking lot. Pulled back out into four lane and left town for the night.

We had huge Vietnamese population that kept the poultry industry running but turned out living in war zone for generations had low regard for life and extreme violence became regular thing. The poultry association began renting billboards in Mexico offering jobs to Hispanics to come the the "Chicken City", took about five years for the Vietnamese part of town to become "Little Mexico" and the Vietnamese mostly left. Crime went up but was petty theives and drugs instead of regular shootings so locals seemed more content. Even I put three Hispanics on my crew to do the basic manual labor. Those first ones were willing to work, had one stay 13 years, another eleven and other nine but all saved enough money and have their own businesses now with half dozen or more kids as labor force.

DrBaboon

FALaholic #
BTW, SWMBO got me one of those OCP Trunk Monkey patches at vendor, probably next door to AAFES. It reminded me of just how lucky I am (to have a spousal unit who went to charm school).

Meanwhile, I am living the dream by finding creative ways to get patients taken care of.

Might even slap the Trunk Monkey patch on while delivering glucose test strips.

Story

FALaholic #
Asians used to be the ones that everyone left alone. It was an unwritten rule that you didn't bother them.
By the same token, they never really bothered anyone else (unless provoked, such as the Rodney King riots) and just kept to themselves.
Times change, I guess. A target of opportunity is a target of opportunity.

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Company been in communication with has some cool product and we cut a deal, wouldn't give away for review but sold them to me for under wholesale. Good enough could buy two 10"x12" shooters cut and two 11"x14" shooters cut. Good combination of materials using ceramic, UHMWPE and Kevlar to build a super tough and lightweight plate. All are NIJ 3+/ICW4 with the 10"x12" plates weighing 5.2 pounds each and the 11"x14" weighing 6.4 pounds which is spot on for weight to threat ratio. NIJ 3+ stand alone and are NIJ 4 in conjunction with NIJ 3a soft armor.

Most of my rifle kits run soft armor and have a pile of NIJ 3a plate backers in various sizes if want to run them in a plate carrier and get full NIJ 4 threat rating. Sent me some data and photos showing a 10"x12" plate with standard NIJ3a soft armor backer stop six rounds of 30-06 black tip. Backface signature is within safe specs but the bunt force trauma would suck to take but bets bullet holes. Also stops about as many rounds of 5.56 M855 can put on them (test showed a dozen stops) and stopped ten rounds of 5.56 M855a1 EPR so wearing the 11"x14" up front and will take a huge amount of abuse.

Aso bought four 6"x6" side plates at silly cheap price with promise I would shoot them and review on my website. Going to be fall (want cooler weather and time to build good test fixtures) as want to measure backface signature and should be able to test four of the more significant threat milspec rounds using the side plates. Also got to figure out my video and then look at editing and finally doing videos on my testing as its what most want. Have a 240 frame per second camera to slow motion down some but far from a high speed along with two GoPros. Have entire pile of military and LEO plates to test as well so looking forward to cooler weather.

Story

FALaholic #
Now appearing on the East Coast.

New York City Police (NYPD) said that three thieves broke through the glass front of Cellini Jewelers near E. 56th St. at around 3:30 a.m. The group broke three display cases containing hundreds of thousands of dollars-worth of watches and other jewelry. The thieves escaped in a silver sedan that waited outside the store, completing the entire heist in under three minutes, according to police. One employee said the crime was "not normal."

NYC smash-and-grab thieves knock off Park Avenue jewelry store, take hundreds of thousands worth in gems (msn.com)

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
The doctors told me based on this weeks blood work going to release me to wander beginning Wednesday till go back to hospital on November 11th for an MRI guided biopsy of a suspect area they have been monitoring since 2017 but was so small and had more important issues have put at the front of the list. Means I will be driving again for first time in months.

Since bought truck ordered with front to rear skid plates, wheel to wheel rock guards with steps for sliding up against stumps and small boulders without dragging side off truck. Bought a step to go in receiver step to help getting in bed plus so able to just back up to loading docks till step hits concrete. Before relegated to bed/recliner and put the first couple thousand miles on the new truck realized the step was flimsyand using a hitch for same purpose it would hang and drag if turned up a really steep slope often digging into a curb, dirt or asphalt.

Being trapped have been finding all sorts of accessories to outfit the new truck and found below item. It was ordered and shipped direct to my steel company who has cut a bigger plate from 1/4" AR250 that is triple width of skid plate in picture, extends up under the truck about an extra six inches then was put in pres break so it has same angle as portion angling up toward step. Will basically give three feet of angled plate protection if backing up and meet an L Back curb, low cross tie wallor take rounds aiming at fuel tank. At forward edge it is bent up at same angle with a four inch lip. Had their fabrication guy weld it up and sent out for powder coat.

So imagine below item 36" wide about six inches deeper toward the differential and a four inch angled lip so if going forward and catches a rock will not seize up but hop/bounce over obstacle. Truck has skid plate covering engine compartment, transmission, drive shaft, fuel tank and rear differential. With the oversize milspec armor front brush guard, wheel to wheel rock sliding steps and now this am armoring up every area I can as it shows it could use more protection.

The angled plate that goes up toward step is now 36" wide with rounded corners to save shins, bottom is 12"×36" and then has an angled 4" lip at leading edge of front so it is less likely to hang on something as hopping rocks and stumps. Have one more area looking for a bolt on skid plate which seem to be seeing more stuff for 2022 models popping up regularly or will have what I want made to protect my CAT Back exhaust system from damage. Bottom of truck is almost slick as a boat covered with mix of factory aluminum and aftermarket steel skid plates. Will get photos once pick it up from powder coat vendor but imagine likelihood of dragging off bottom of bumper or damaging it as back up through brush or to loading docks will be greatly reduced. Even if I may only be out for a couple weeks till the procedure on November 11 its going to be nice to unlock the door of work for first time in months and walk in with intent to do paid labor.
95ef7310f0a6afabd84e8538ab41ae53.jpg c93dca47ed4bb4e4a67e29705a5c571f.jpg

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
In continued research on new truck setup discovered even the optically clear tint on front windshield blocks almost 50% of UV and 35% of IR light. Since there are times I drive using NV goggles instead headlights don't want to loose any ability to see at distance especially if need to move quickly.

Did some research today and have a set of milspec IR vehicle lights (two mounted forward and one rearward) that are waterproof even to pressure washers and have blast resistant housings and lenses. Found kits from $199 to $1,999 and settled on a kit that was $1,100 to augment IR output if decide I need to kill the visible lights and go to driving with IR monocular or goggles.

As mentioned this may be mylast fully blinged out truck so bringing glass to NIJ standards and pouring out enough IR illumination to blind others approaching using NV while giving me extended range to be situationally aware while driving at night without headlights even if just use hog hunting will be worth the investment.