• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

E2 from Fred's

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Been a long time since I had a canoe paddle in the shop. Double boxed and packed like the crown Jewels. Well done. This one came in this morning from Fred's. Jack was nice enough to send along one that I would consider in the superb category and a new combo tool to boot. Hope to get some oil on it in the next few weeks. Have to add one of Hawk's kits too. Whatta Hobby!

E2 1.jpg E2 2.jpg E2 3.jpg E2 4.jpg E2 5.jpg

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
That's a beauty. Welcome to the E2 Section of the M-14 Cult!

It's about time!!

Now all you need is the Correct: Bipod and Stabilizer. I'm sure you got those stowed somewhere.

Jarhead
I have had them in the past when I could pick them up at shows for 50-100 bucks. They have all gone to someone that thought they had to have one. This is for a special purpose. Putting a rifle together just to prove to myself that long range accuracy " is not" enhanced with an E2. All the BS I have read about how great they are comes from idiots that don't even shoot. Haven't shot an M14 in an E2 in over 55 years and that was only a familiarization coarse I attended as a lance corporal. My how time flies.

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Progress Report

Stock has 2 coats of BLO and is just the look I require.

Trying a few different period scope set ups for this animal. Reproduction scopes, but they are usually better quality visually than some of the originals.

1. MC-1 Mount with M84 scope. Pretty high and the offset has always driven me crazier.
2. Original USGI ART mount with M-40 Redfield 3-9 type repro by Hi-lux. This is a great scope for the testing I have planned.

Having a ball trying to make the decision on a dozen different scope/mount combinations. Whatta Hobby!

E2 scoped 1.jpg E2 scoped 2.jpg E2 scoped 4.jpg E2 scoped 5.jpg E2 scoped 7.jpg

1911Ron

FALaholic #
I didn't know that Fred's was still in business,I had heard that when Jack passed away that they had shut down and liquidated the remaining stock.

ArtBanks

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
I didn't know that Fred's was still in business,I had heard that when Jack passed away that they had shut down and liquidated the remaining stock.
Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
Jack is still at it and sends out his appleseed stuff with every order. He has maintained the high quality part of the stock sales.