• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Dumb question time folks!

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I'm relatively new to reloading and am using a second edition Lee Reloading manual. My question has to do with something I've seen on several pages. "1 Grain Factor". How is that used or applied in order to properly load rounds. I searched the manual and couldn't find anything. Am I looking in the wrong place, or have I missed something. All of my rounds have been loaded to safe conditions, I stay well below the max loads. My question is - can this "1 Grain Factor" help me to load better rounds, and how do I use it?

Tuhlmann

THAT guy
Contributor
FALaholic #
I like LEE stuff a lot, made right up the road from me, but I’ll 2nd TenTea’s recommendation to get multiple manuals. Get one from each of the bullet makers you use. Lee’s data can seem a little goofy when compared to other manuals, but Lee philosophy is a little different. It’s a very good idea to cross-reference load data across multiple manuals, IMHO.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I'm with them ^^^^, WTF is 1 grain factor?

Good advice above. I've used a Sierra book for most of my loading life, backed up with some Hornaday and Google. Gave up loading a number of years ago due to circumstances at the time but sure wish I could have kept it all.

OLDMANPBK

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
A friend I grew up with and I to this day will bring up Grandma Dynamite from The Flintstones every time we're about to do something stupid that may result in an explosion. "Aww, just fill the case to the top." "Ok Grandma Dynamite!"
The_Flintstones_-_Foxy_Grandma.jpg