• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

DSA arsenal refinished FAL mags restocked

Brasky

FALaholic #
Spoke too soon. Came back in stock and ordered 20. Went out of stock right after check out but I got an order confirmation so fingers crossed

mellow

Captain Awesome
Contributor
FALaholic #
the $19.99 surplus ā€œoriginal conditionā€ came back into stock thurs, ordered 6 then they were gone 15 mins later. Kinda wondering what condition these will be in. The good condition surplus mags were listed at 29.99. Prob cant go wrong with te ā€œoriginal conditionā€ ones at 19.99

hardheaded

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Bait n switch perhaps. See how many notify when back in stock emails they get and adjust price for the next supply of ā€œjust foundā€. Wait, Iā€™m thinking of Sarco.
Yes,
Just found in the warehouse.
Until you get them and find out they were stored in a bucket of rainwater out behind the warehouse.

Brasky

FALaholic #
Yes,
Just found in the warehouse.
Until you get them and find out they were stored in a bucket of rainwater out behind the warehouse.
The couple reviews Iā€™ve seen on Reddit people say the refinished ones look really good. Look brand new from a foot away and can only see rust pitting if you look really closely

mellow

Captain Awesome
Contributor
FALaholic #
The couple reviews Iā€™ve seen on Reddit people say the refinished ones look really good. Look brand new from a foot away and can only see rust pitting if you look really closely
The refinished Israeli mag I got with my DSA Israeli Hebrew Hammer was in great condition w a Us follower and floorplate, no pitting visible but a clear Hebrew proof. Finish appears to be Duracoate and prob done by DSA. Would buy more, Signed up for this notify and the surplus mags notify. Got lucky Thurs for the ā€œoriginal conditionā€ not the good condition ones. Even put in # for text notify but only received in stock email on thurs

Last edited:

Brasky

FALaholic #
The refinished Israeli mag I got with my DSA Israeli Hebrew Hammer was in great condition w a Us follower and floorplate, no pitting visible but a clear Hebrew proof. Finish appears to be Duracoate and prob done by DSA. Would buy more, Signed up for this notify and the surplus mags notify. Got lucky Thurs for the ā€œoriginal conditionā€ and good condition ones. Even put in # for text notify but only received in stock email on thurs
DSA must be considering themselves an ā€œarsenalā€ then to claim arsenal refinished šŸ¤£

munchoman

Contributor
FALaholic #
By there ad you can tell that these would be beat up Rhodies, and they are.
I had a order I wanted to place with DSA so I added one mag, and it is what I expected, a refinished, pitted inside and out, dented, bottom of the barrel mag.
The follower and spring look new so there's that, anyone who missed out on these got lucky

mellow

Captain Awesome
Contributor
FALaholic #
The original condition surplus $19.95 mags were delivered today, looks like they were refinished at some point, some grit and dried cosmo inside but all look good outisde, will tear down this weekend. Overall seems like a good deal in todays pricing environment

Xsefan

FALaholic #
WTHey?... are Cuban/Russian/RedDawn para-super-troopers comin' ta town, er whut? For decades there were plenty o' FAL mags on the planet, now "shortages"... must be that supply-chain thaaaang what Briben done screwed up.
Its like they can't find millions of these Europe of Africa. Someone will import a batch

Enquiring Minds

FALaholic #
Realistically, what's going on is for decades FALs were exclusively State-owned military weps, and so mag production was proportional to rifle production... then GloboHomoPedo/Bolsheviks started "retiring"/cutting up the rifles, leaving a SURPLUS of mags (and barrels/kits), which we all pounced on like hungry badgers back in the early noughties... then US-production of receivers/rifles was spawned, but because of the aforementioned surplus of mags, none of the domestic entrepreneurs bothered making any of those (exc. 922r sub-parts) (hat tip to Moses for pioneering that industry...), BUT... they kept cranking out FAL rifles... of varying quality... now we have all these new-ish US-made FALs looking to "mate" with the now-depleted stocks of 40-60 year old mags = "shortage"...

... I need to dip my toe into the waters of US-made plastic-fantastic mags... I understand some are quite good... ja/nein?