• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

DR-200 Pistol Grips - Will Update if I can get any more

jeffwoo

FALaholic #
Thanks for the update, when we spoke back in Nov, you had mentioned sometimes taking a few months, but I never imagined waiting for almost a year...I understand it is out of your control, but damn what a long wait for a grip.

What can you do, just am getting a bit impatient, because i would like to shoot my new rifle. You know how it is.

Thanks again, and will hit you up here in a few months to see if they are in yet.

s0b3

FALaholic #
It looks like you are still out of stock on these? Any ETA yet? Thanks.
been bugging him a few times a week. tried finding others but most don't have time to take on a small niche project or want to charge a lot to do it. i'll post an update when i have one.

jeffwoo

FALaholic #
I figured i would stop in say Happy New Year to everyone and add to my post count. Just don't forget about me. I am gonna mod a saw grip like the video on youtube shows.

It is not perfect, but it should work to get by. Need to get all firearms 100% since 2024 should be real spicy. God Bless.

s0b3

FALaholic #
I figured i would stop in say Happy New Year to everyone and add to my post count. Just don't forget about me. I am gonna mod a saw grip like the video on youtube shows.

It is not perfect, but it should work to get by. Need to get all firearms 100% since 2024 should be real spicy. God Bless.
Hi Jeff. I hear ya. I'm still bugging him and frustrated myself. This might be the last run I'll try to get. He's just not able to prioritize this project and the other routes aren't panning out. I'll update when I have something.

Happy New Year everyone!

FALaholic #
Pictures of the different styles below.

Each handmade in the US. Counts as 922r compliant part.

HK Style Molded Grip, Factory Grip

Installation Instructions

it's a bit tricky, i usually have to attach the grip and hold the rifle upright, use a magnetic tipped screwdriver to hold the nut in place and drop the bolt down from the top until it grabs the threads and then tighten.

The nut goes from the bottom. The bolt drops down from the receiver into the grip.
how can I get in contact to get one?

s0b3

FALaholic #
The way everyone is asking for them, you might be able to order a big batch and the molder might accommodate you/us.
Thanks for trying
Moose
the problem is the cost of injection molding. the unit price is cheap but getting a mold made is very expensive. you would have to make thousands to recoup the cost of the mold. the other alternative is casting each one my hand. that's time intensive and unless you know what you're doing, the parts don't come out perfect. you'll get imperfections and air bubbles. each hand cast piece needs to be cleaned up and buffed as well. the guys that can do the work are often commissioned to do custom work, sitting down and doing the same boring thing over and over isn't worth their time. i still bug my molder but he's ghosted me for the most part. i've given some other guys a try and they have never worked out.

i haven't given up but it's not looking good.

acgeorge

FALaholic #
the problem is the cost of injection molding. the unit price is cheap but getting a mold made is very expensive. you would have to make thousands to recoup the cost of the mold. the other alternative is casting each one my hand. that's time intensive and unless you know what you're doing, the parts don't come out perfect. you'll get imperfections and air bubbles. each hand cast piece needs to be cleaned up and buffed as well. the guys that can do the work are often commissioned to do custom work, sitting down and doing the same boring thing over and over isn't worth their time. i still bug my molder but he's ghosted me for the most part. i've given some other guys a try and they have never worked out.

i haven't given up but it's not looking good.
I didn't realize these aren't injection molded but cast? They are still beautiful. Fingers crossed🤞