• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Dogs aren’t “just a dog”

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Guess what Blondzilla brought home for me today?

Meet my new boxer Rhodie.

Nine weeks old today, here we go again.....

View attachment 398267
Through all the years, most of our dogs have been rescue dogs and at least a year or so old which is actually what we have looked for the past three months. This is only the third puppy I believe. I had forgotten the joy of chewed up shoes, anything within reach being pulled to the ground, and the wonderful pleasure of horse turds brought into the garage. We'll work through it, but it will be a long several months I suppose of challenges we did not have with the old dogs.

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Our last two boxers had a few months of overlap when the old one got old, so the old one could teach the new one.
Plus, the previous "new one" was about a year old and mostly past the puppy stage. Easy, peasy.

1712178934898.jpeg

I can already say after 5 days, the new boxer puppy is gonna be a fuggen challenge. Sigh........

ETA: The old Shih Tzu is fed up already with the pup trying to play. Pup just got his ass handed to him. FAFO.

Last edited:

cotter

FALaholic #
Sadly I'm down to 1 pup, it's good to have the old hat around to show the new kid the ropes. I've tried to look for another, was told I was unfit by one of the psycho she-beasts at a shelter and kinda just said God will provide. Never paid for a dog, they just show up or get found/rescued off craigslist.

But more dog toys for that new boxer, you're going to need them. Good that she's keeping you on your toes