• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Dogs aren’t “just a dog”

Tuhlmann

Owner of the Boner
Contributor
FALaholic #
@Invictus77, if you haven’t already try a boxer-specific rescue group. Private money. Still may have many rules, but may also be much more open to exceptions. We have pitbulls, and we ran into a similar situation as you with the local county shelter. Fuckem. Pit rescue group was very thorough in their screening but also flexible when it came to our individual circumstances & experience, unlike the libtard bureaucrats at the county shelter. Good luck, man!

Mebsuta

Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
FALaholic #
I can't help but like coyotes. I watched one use a crosswalk and look up at the traffic light. Don't see as many of those horrible cats since the coyotes started patrolling.

I whistle at them and say "Good dog."

Sometimes they ignore. Sometimes they stop and stare and look conflicted, like they're deciding whether they should:

1. kill you and eat you.
2. greet you and be petted.
3. greet you and be petted, then kill you and eat you.

Nihonto Chicken

FALaholic #
I can't help but like coyotes. I watched one use a crosswalk and look up at the traffic light. Don't see as many of those horrible cats since the coyotes started patrolling.

I whistle at them and say "Good dog."

Sometimes they ignore. Sometimes they stop and stare and look conflicted, like they're deciding whether they should:

1. kill you and eat you.
2. greet you and be petted.
3. greet you and be petted, then kill you and eat you.
I like coyotes as well, they are survivors. I have this thing for survivors as my hourglass runs out. I even admire the plants that force their way up through the concrete and asphalt cracks. Note that coyotes have been expanding their territory out of the western US since their major competition, the gray wolf, was essentially eradicated in the US a hundred years ago, and they (coyotes) crossed eastward across the Mississippi River decades back and are now firmly established on the Atlantic seaboard. There is even an eastern coyote subspecies that is noticeably heavier on the average than its western cousins.

I understand if people need to kill coyotes to protect their livestock or pets, it's just unfortunate. I live on the edge of a moderate size town bordering on substantial open space. There are coyotes about, I hear them singing up on the ridge every now and then. Missing cat notices are posted routinely in the neighborhood. I can't help but think that poor kitty is now a pile of coyote poop up on the hill. Oh, well.

Mebsuta

Khemi, Stygia
Contributor
FALaholic #
I like coyotes as well, they are survivors. I have this thing for survivors as my hourglass runs out. I even admire the plants that force their way up through the concrete and asphalt cracks. Note that coyotes have been expanding their territory out of the western US since their major competition, the gray wolf, was essentially eradicated in the US a hundred years ago, and they (coyotes) crossed eastward across the Mississippi River decades back and are now firmly established on the Atlantic seaboard. There is even an eastern coyote subspecies that is noticeably heavier on the average than its western cousins.

I understand if people need to kill coyotes to protect their livestock or pets, it's just unfortunate. I live on the edge of a moderate size town bordering on substantial open space. There are coyotes about, I hear them singing up on the ridge every now and then. Missing cat notices are posted routinely in the neighborhood. I can't help but think that poor kitty is now a pile of coyote poop up on the hill. Oh, well.

Outdoor cats last about a week in the neighborhood. Coyotes are silent and stealthy, and they move faster than regular dogs.

If I see cats lounging around at night, I warn them and tell them to watch out. Whether or not they listen is up to them.

Last edited: