• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Dogs aren’t “just a dog”

Andy2205

FALaholic #
When we adopted the fluffy dog, AKA "The Convict" she had come from a pretty sterile environment, a county work farm barracks. My wife and I were the only ones in the house at the time, and the doggo only had a weekend to get acclimated. The first time she was left alone with here step brother, grumpy dog, she gathered every one of my wife's shoes in a pile, in the middle of the living room. Some of them got mangled. Cost me about $300, to recover from that one.

1706472174_da_19.jpg

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
The fucking dumbass bastard liberal faggot cunts at dog rescue places are stupid......

I live 1,000 feet off a rural road on 32 acres, surrounded by row crops, woods, and a cattle pasture.

But I cannot adopt the boxer they will kill next week because I don't have a fenced backyard "to keep it safe".

Tak

FALaholic #
The fucking dumbass bastard liberal faggot cunts at dog rescue places are stupid......

I live 1,000 feet off a rural road on 32 acres, surrounded by row crops, woods, and a cattle pasture.

But I cannot adopt the boxer they will kill next week because I don't have a fenced backyard "to keep it safe".
Most 'shelters' are the worst. They put so many rules up and then wonder why they have an overabundance of dogs that 'nobody wants'. They are generally fuggin morons, I agree.

SpringerXD

FALaholic #

Maybe you should start a campaign against this. Seriously. Let the public know about the insanity you just described to us and maybe something will change if the shelters feel enough heat.

alphadog58

FALaholic #

Just lie. "Yes I have a fenced in yard." Humane Society once gave me a hard time about adopting a cat. "Will he be an inside cat?" "Of course..."
Larry

Andy2205

FALaholic #

First shelter dog;
Do you have a fenced yard? Fine, that will be $20.

Second shelter dog:
Visit number one: Do you have a fenced yard? Yes. Do you have any other pets? Yes. You will have to bring your dog here for the two to meet.
Visit number two: They seem to get along. You can pick her up next week. Had to be spayed.
Visit number three: Here you go, that will be $40, you have to email us proof of her shots.
These visits were to a shelter 60 miles away.

Third shelter dog: "The convict"
This mutt was enrolled in a special program to rehabilitate a prisoner in a state correctional institution. Visits had to be scheduled through a program director from a no kill shelter, that provided the animals. Same drill as visiting a prisoner. ID check and search before entering a site separate from the work farm. Several visits over the course of 10 weeks, before graduation day. One visit made to the home to see how well she got along with "old grumpy bastard", the dog we took in for my son. No cost other than providing for her shots. Again, 60 miles one way to the facility.

So, ya, they kinda make it a pain in the ass. I total understand your frustration.

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Just lie. "Yes I have a fenced in yard." Humane Society once gave me a hard time about adopting a cat. "Will he be an inside cat?" "Of course..."
Larry
The wife went there in person this morning with the intent to tell them we have an "invisible fence". She was there 15 minutes after they opened and the place was already crowded when she got there. Someone was already having a meet-N-greet with the boxer and took him, so we're still looking.

cotter

FALaholic #

Yep was there in an overflowing rural KY shelter and deemed unfit because I don't have a fenced yard and my dog, who went with me, still has his hardware. It's a power thing for these psychopaths. I wouldn't have even considered a 'rescue' they are the worst. Probably never try a shelter again either. I've had plenty simply dumped out here or that I've found off craigslist, most free. A neighbor has found homes for a few of the dumped pups on fakebook, I don't fakebook...

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
Don't know if you guys are up on the recent events, but Mike recently lost one of his best friends, who was a Boxer. The fact that he found a "rescue" boxer in a shelter that is ready to put him down instead of being able to become a new friend has pushed a few buttons. The last scene of John Wick seems appropriate right about now.

Andy2205

FALaholic #
Don't know if you guys are up on the recent events, but Mike recently lost one of his best friends, who was a Boxer. The fact that he found a "rescue" boxer in a shelter that is ready to put him down instead of being able to become a new friend has pushed a few buttons. The last scene of John Wick seems appropriate right about now.
That sucks, I sat and held our Heeler and Aussie when they were put down. The Heeler due to age and the Aussie due to lymphoma. Might have to sit with a third, my sons dog has a mast cell tumor and he is now old for a dog. I'd rather spend my time with the dogs then with most people I know.

paulo

FALaholic #
That sucks, I sat and held our Heeler and Aussie when they were put down. The Heeler due to age and the Aussie due to lymphoma. Might have to sit with a third, my sons dog has a mast cell tumor and he is now old for a dog. I'd rather spend my time with the dogs then with most people I know.
The last sentence is how we live.