• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Dogs are more than pets ….

FALaholic #

I have eaten dog, gefilte fish, other stuff, and it was ok, so I don’t want to judge my asiatic brethren, so chowin on canine logically makes sense, get rid of strays, high protein morsel. Chili comes to mind.

Andy2205

FALaholic #
I have eaten dog, gefilte fish, other stuff, and it was ok, so I don’t want to judge my asiatic brethren, so chowin on canine logically makes sense, get rid of strays, high protein morsel. Chili comes to mind.
When we had the navaids site on Flores isalnd in Indonesia, we bought a pig from the local village. We took care of it and fed it the entire time we were on the site, because we didn't have enough people to make it worth our while to roast it (the guards wouldn't even go near it). The day of the backload, I asked the Chief Corpsman if we could bring it onboard. He said "Send it!" I wacked it with a mallet and dressed it out for the ride back to the boat. While doing this, an old man from the village looked on. He asked if I wanted a dog . "Anjing bagus." or "Dog good."

SWOHFAL

FALaholic #

Injuns and chinks like dog.

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I've not knowingly eaten dog (and wouldn't), but I've eaten a lot of strange stuff in a lot of third world countries around the world I could not identify, so I can't say never.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
Pretty sure the Monkey Meat on a stick I bought in Ologapo City back in the 70's wasn't monkey. Could have been dog since they were all over the place. IDK

Last edited: