• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Do we have a old Smith pic thread?

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
Couple of 27-2s with the 2.5" bbl...... the EEZOX I keep on them has collected some lint from the safe rug.

S Prefixed safe queen at the top, well cared for N prefixed shooter at the bottom. Note the bottom gun has the narrow trigger and non insert front sight that I love so much and wish S&W had used as a standard on all N frames.

The GP100 is still the best DA .357 ever made, but as far as elegance and quality in a mass produced wheelgun, this is peak performace surpased only by the pre war N frames.

20231219_213513.jpg

Last edited:

kysjck

FALaholic #
My AF issued revolver was a Model 15 too. Tactical air crews all got them. Just like the S.P.s. They are great quality but the ammo was a joke. It felt and sounded like .22 LR. One guy got a .357 Model 19. The AF didn't have a problem with it, so I set out to do the same. The local gun shop had them but also had Model 67s that were stainless. I almost bought one when a local cop there told me they also had model 66s that were .357s. They fit in the same holsters so I took one of those out. I didn't regret that purchase. The .357 ammo is more than twice as effective. After that I got into N-frames and .44/.45s, thanks to Clint Eastwood. Some day I'll get another Model 66. This time with a 6 inch barrel.