• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

DEAL ALERT - pulldown rifle powder

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
Mine came yesterday. Jug was smaller than I expected. Haven't weighed it.
Ball powder shouldn’t require a large jug. Probably a half gallon milk jug would hold 8 pounds of ball powder.

By contrast, I received an 8-pound jug of UNIQUE yesterday. That jug is ponderously large. I may have to repackage that stuff for the sake of space management.

ftierson

FALaholic #
Ball powder shouldn’t require a large jug. Probably a half gallon milk jug would hold 8 pounds of ball powder.

By contrast, I received an 8-pound jug of UNIQUE yesterday. That jug is ponderously large. I may have to repackage that stuff for the sake of space management.
I'm assuming that Alliant is still using the large, squarish jugs with the handle. A number of years ago I bought a few jugs of Unique and Power Pro-Varmint. They were packaged in the same jugs. The Unique ones were almost full (8 lbs) and the Pro-Varmint ones were about a third full (8 lbs).

Just sayin'...

Forrest

Fishbread

FALaholic #
I'm sure it's all there, I was just surprised at the size of the box that the Fed Ex guy handed me. So many powders seem to have a lot of unused space in their jugs, not this stuff.

M829A3

FALaholic #
And now a weather exception in Beckley WV. But.... a quick perusal of weather reports out of the Beckley area shows.... nothing going on.
A few years back I got a weather exception on a delivery of a part for a customer I was desperately waiting on, late in the day.. It was coming out of Norristown PA and my shop was in Cheltenham, less than 8 miles away. Sunny all day not a cloud in the sky. I called Fedex, and was told the driver encountered heavy rain and couldn't deliver. I when apoplectic, pointed out that it wasn't raining, hadn't rained in a week, and there where no clouds anywhere even on satellite imagery, and I was less than 8 miles from there.. Answer was well, the driver said. It's typical with Fedex, the driver doesn't feel like finishing his route so "weather exception".

Attachments:

Last edited:

rowjimmy

Purveyor of Truth
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Just an FYI on CDVS... they charged me like $27 for shipping and sent 1500 55 gr pills to me in a flat rate USPS box.

It's for a good cause, I think, unless they're not combat disabled veterans, so I'm not gonna complain... well too much.. I'm still a cheap bastard.

WWGP do? I knew the shipping charge when I completed the deal, so it's on me.