• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Damn, snowed in, in the Rockies!

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I think you'll be ok. We got 6" of the real wet and heavy snow overnight.

Yep, we'll survive for sure.

I grew up in snow country, western Carolina's hill country, and also well over a decade in Central Europe, and just laugh at these folks here, when a few flakes hit the ground.

One good thing, the mountains here, that go up to 10,000 feet, are being pounded hard, should end up with 6 to 8 feet, which then turns in our drinking water.

Been super dry going on two years here, so, every little bit helps.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I just pulled a loaf of bread out of the freezer, looks to have about the same amount. 😆

View attachment 383296

Its coming down good right now, but its also 37 degrees, was 50 when I first posted this thread.

In southern AZ, when it rains, which is seldom, everyone rushes outside to play in it, take pictures.

You get spoiled here, quickly as to "winter" :)LOL, weather.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Bet it doesn’t stop the illegals
Won't stop them, but for sure, we'll be locating DB's for a month, they come across in shorts, flip flops, and T shirts, and with 37 degrees, being wet and cold, will kill many of them off.

BP here at times like this, drive buses up and down the roads, picking them up, when the weather is hot or cold and wet.

They walk out and give up, to get warm and dry.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Don't know what you're talking about. Around here that's not even called a dusting. :ROFLMAO:
Man, this is the blizzard of 24, why hell, people right now are carving in stone, in their caves, the gory details of death and destruction!:)LOL

017.JPG 018.JPG 019.JPG

We just pulled out our wills to make last minute changes!

paulo

FALaholic #
We have had some close to record mild weather in Wisco for Feb. Thursday we had a thunder storm with lightning. Usually this time of year it’s 20 degrees or less with 3 foot of snow cover. All our snow is melted. I ain’t mad about it.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
There was no snow this morning at my house. It started around 8 am and has not stopped or let up.

I'm at 7200' elevation north of Santa Fe,NM, also in the Rockies. We are at 3-4" in under 5 hours. View attachment 383373

Radar showed it worse up north toward you vs us here,,,,temps are still running 37, but all of our little snow flakes are now gone.

We're only at 5000 here, a couple K of altitude, means the world of difference.

TenTea

Contributor
FALaholic #
We have had some close to record mild weather in Wisco for Feb. Thursday we had a thunder storm with lightning. Usually this time of year it’s 20 degrees or less with 3 foot of snow cover. All our snow is melted. I ain’t mad about it.
Yes and the only February tornado in Wisconsin history, they said.
Occurred in Green and Rock Counties, just south of us and did some damage.

jdowney

FALaholic #
There was no snow this morning at my house. It started around 8 am and has not stopped or let up.

I'm at 7200' elevation north of Santa Fe,NM, also in the Rockies. We are at 3-4" in under 5 hours. View attachment 383373
About the same down here - I'm in the mountains outside Alamogordo these days.
Falling fast enough that they just closed the highway into the mountains from Alamo to Mayhill, good 40 miles or so. It's not much snow, but it's wet and slippery and falling too fast for the plows to keep up. Lots of flatland drivers get sideways on the curves in this kind of weather.

Over the course of the storm I bet you are going to catch more of it than we do.

wanneroo

FALaholic #
Yes, it was 60 degrees over on the other side of the big lakes. The highway stunk today from all the little critters running about thinking it's spring and ending up squashed.

But a storm is on the way Monday 6-10 inches of snow forecast. Probably there will still be a few storms here and there. I've also seen warm January and February months and then March to early May is cold with snow.