• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

DAK or no DAK, that is the question

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I have one.
Well, actually I have two.

Its not awful.

Especially if you release the trigger forward - ALL THE FUCKING WAY FORWARD ("ATFWF")- for reset.

If you utilize the ATFWF feature (two clicks), the trigger is only about six pounds, but isn't a "wall" type trigger. Its just a LONG six-pound trigger.

If you don't utilize the ATFWF feature, the trigger after the shorter reset (one click) is something like 8 pounds.

I have TWO SIG DAK's because I bought the first one that is N.I.B. My intent that I would WECSOG it to SA/DA configuration and change it from 40 to 9mm. But before I could get out the files, and the rounded-tip taper-blade screwdrivers, and mushroomed punches, the motherfugkers offered up USED versions of the 9mm.

Son

Of

A

Bitch.

So I had to buy the 9mm to molest.
("The coyote redoubles his effort after he has lost sight of his objective")

Which I'll get around to by maybe Memorial Day... Or Labor Day. I'm not sure.

Anyhow, dry-firing the DAK while I'm sitting on the commode and shitposting in the morning while I'm waiting for the meds to kick in, the DAK doesn't seem too awful. But I still wanna molest it.

The molestation kit costs about $150 from MATRIX.

Youtube vid with me DAK-ing around

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
And to think I'd never even heard of a "DAK" trigger a month ago.

I think I'm losing my mind.

If not my mind, for sure my money, but what the hell...

mpddoug162

FALaholic #
I’ve got a 229 40/357 with the dak system. It’s like every other new gun. Each weapon‘s trigger has its own nuances. The more you shoot it, the more it grows on you. If you are proficient with a traditional revolver set up you should be comfortable with it.

ICE1210

FALaholic #
I had no trouble with it. I carried a DAK 229 for 12 years. i Liked it because it was comfortable to carry and I shot it well. For me it was like shooting a double action revolver. Since I had a lot of revolver time, I had no issues adapting. Folks that had been all Glock all the time, had some trigger pull related issues.

BlackgunCO

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I’ll see if I like the police trade in on the way. If not, might do the SA/DA conversion. Frame needs the hole for decocker though right? Guessing a good smith can drill this if necessary.

Al_h

FALaholic #
Formerly People's Democratic Republic of Chicago
And if you're going to bother with taking the whole thing apart, do it right from the beginning and use as many Grey Guns action parts as you can:
But its going to be closer to $400.

You can buy the few things ( decocking lever & backer plate, spring etc) you need direct from SIG.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
FALaholic #
I’ll see if I like the police trade in on the way. If not, might do the SA/DA conversion. Frame needs the hole for decocker though right? Guessing a good smith can drill this if necessary.

I don't know the answer to that.

I seem to recall reading that some frames have "the hole" and some don't.
I haven't set about disassembling mine yet.

LKY_13

Sig Sauer Me
Contributor
FALaholic #
Had a P229 DAK. Loved the concept. The trigger itself-- not so much. I do miss shooting .357 Sig though. Shame it never caught on much. Certainly not enough to make ammo prices reasonable.

rojogrande2

FALaholic #
I had no trouble with it. I carried a DAK 229 for 12 years. i Liked it because it was comfortable to carry and I shot it well. For me it was like shooting a double action revolver. Since I had a lot of revolver time, I had no issues adapting. Folks that had been all Glock all the time, had some trigger pull related issues.
They had to pry the H&K out of my hands to give me that damn SIG229. It was okay. If they had issued me a SIG in 1996 I would have thought it was great, but following on the LEM H&K it was disappointing. The trigger on the SIG 229 DAK was extremely slow. Shot a guy's DA/SA SIG 228 while we were still issued the Beretta back in the 90s, and the 228 was nicer than the DAK.

ICE1210

FALaholic #
They had to pry the H&K out of my hands to give me that damn SIG229. It was okay. If they had issued me a SIG in 1996 I would have thought it was great, but following on the LEM H&K it was disappointing. The trigger on the SIG 229 DAK was extremely slow. Shot a guy's DA/SA SIG 228 while we were still issued the Beretta back in the 90s, and the 228 was nicer than the DAK.
You must have bigger hands than I do. My brother had hands like an orangutan and he loved H&Ks.

aron82

FALaholic #
Don't own any dao sigs. I have tried a few and even been tempted by the Leo trade ins at aim and other dealers.
By the time I buy the conversion parts I don't really think I'll save anything over the cost of a used da-sa sig.
The short reset kit for the p226 - p229 is a great addition. I have it in all but 2 of my non legion sigs.