• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

DAEWOO RIFLE INFORMATION/FAQ

jjjxlr8

FALaholic #
Anyone know when the K2 "early features" stopped? I've seen two K2s (serial numbers 304757 and 304852) that have no safety on the take down lever/recoil spring guide and have the early style bolt carrier. When did they switch to the later features?

Here's the early style take down lever/spring guide:
IMG_3811.JPG

Early style bolt carrier:
IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3814.JPG

IMG_3816.JPG

Icer

FALaholic #
Anyone know when the K2 "early features" stopped? I've seen two K2s (serial numbers 304757 and 304852) that have no safety on the take down lever/recoil spring guide and have the early style bolt carrier. When did they switch to the later features?

Here's the early style take down lever/spring guide:
View attachment 160971
Early style bolt carrier:
View attachment 160972
View attachment 160973
View attachment 160974
A post from years ago I found and added to the Daewoo FAQ thread stated...
" In addition to having pinned carriers early model K2's will also have a different rear sight screw mount, uneven height optic mounting points on the upper, 1 in 12" twist barrels, and a recoil spring assembly that lacks a flip lock for rifle break down."
It would be nice to figure out when the changeover occurred serial number wise and whether all the different features went away at the same time.

QAA

FALaholic #
I noticed you said the d200 muzzle device is pinned and welded. I've never seen one like that and mine was just high temp solder.

ftierson

FALaholic #
I noticed you said the d200 muzzle device is pinned and welded. I've never seen one like that and mine was just high temp solder.
Both techniques were used.

The first DR200 that I got (direct from Nationwide Sports Distributors, no longer in business) came with a welded muzzle device that had been so aggressively (and massively) welded that there was a full ring burned internally in the bore from it. I returned that one for replacement.

The one that I received to replace it (from Nationwide) had/has a soldered (and presumably pinned) device and the bore looked/looks just fine. Although I have replaced the buttstock with a Stormwerkz adapter and an ACE folding stock module with an ACE para-FAL type tubular buttstock, an ACE K2 type PG and a Daewoo Rifle Parts 90 degree selector, I have left the original muzzle device alone since I hate high heat on the barrel, especially at the muzzle. While I would prefer some symmetrical gas-exhaust flash suppressor, the rifle shoots like fine now without me dicking with it.

I have this thing about guns also shooting well, not just looking good. I'll throw an image or two at you here when I get a chance a bit later...

Forrest

ftierson

FALaholic #
Both techniques were used.

The first DR200 that I got (direct from Nationwide Sports Distributors, no longer in business) came with a welded muzzle device that had been so aggressively (and massively) welded that there was a full ring burned internally in the bore from it. I returned that one for replacement.

The one that I received to replace it (from Nationwide) had/has a soldered (and presumably pinned) device and the bore looked/looks just fine. A
By the way, the first one that I received and returned for the welded muzzle device and bore damage was RA001608...

Just sayin'...

Forrest