• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Da Debbil Made Me Do It (Win97)

Nihonto Chicken

FALaholic #
Finally snagged an original Winchester Model 1897 at a decent price, though I certainly didn't steal it. Made in 1951, has seen little use. No rust or pits, a few freckles and scratches, no cracks or big dents/gouges, some blue wear on the edges, muzzle and trigger guard. I guesstimate about 90% overall. Pics below, eat your hearts out! ;)

1700613456746.png

Last edited:

Invictus77

1C16:13 - J1:9
Staff member
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
When I was a kid, and I mean single digit age kid, my mom's uncle who lived in the country who we visited a lot had one plus some sort of 22 rifle on a wall rack by the back door. He was not a gun guy, just a rural country guy. I have no idea what happened to it later, but mom and her cousins (his sons) are still alive. I need to ask about it. It could be just sitting rusting and dusting in the corner of someone's basement or closet????

Any hoo, nice grab !

Nihonto Chicken

FALaholic #
Yup, even the "run hard and put away wet" ones are asking outrageous prices on GB. This one came from there, but was a non-auction, straight sales item with a reasonable price tag. I guess I was the first one to see it. So I've scratched my 1897 and Model 12 itches, might still be looking to soothe a riot Rem Model 11 irritation. ;)

alphadog58

FALaholic #
She's a purty thang!
My neighbor has a couple. One is a beat early 20th century the other is a 50's gun that looks pretty good. The newer one is here because it won't feed from the magazine. Never taken one apart, read that can be a tricky thing, have to figger it out.
Larry

Douglas S Graham

FALaholic #
Mine has lots of wear, and the idiot before me put a poly choke on it. I had my smith cut it down to 18.25 inches, and put a brass bead on it. Perfection. Yours is WAY nice than mine, finish wise. Nice grab.

Nihonto Chicken

FALaholic #
Yeah, most Win 97s and 12s and many other old take down shotguns have rat chew marks on the upper left receiver face from doofus reassembly, the shotgun equivalent of the idiot scratch on 1911s. This one does as well, but it's not too bad. I actually have a Win Model 12 and a 1918-made 1911 that somehow have avoided such dummy defacements. Will charge an extra 20% for them when the time comes to turn them over. ;)