• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Curious Parts Kit. Canadian Arsenals LTD. L1A1 Sporter Semi-auto

Bubacus

FALaholic #
I've cruised this site a few times just out of curiousity. I have no clue if my assertion is true, but I'm guessing these are PD evidence locker clean outs sold to an FFL. The FFL chops them up and sells them as parts kits. I saw this and was wondering if it was a century gun, but site says it is a Canadian Arsenals LTD gun. Anyone seen this company before?

Canadian-Arsenals-LTD-L1A1-Sporter-Black_79k9G.jpg

TraFALgar

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I think your first impression was correct : a chopped up Century gun.
Canadian Arsenals LTD? Not likely! (Note that they also say Manufacturer is "1895 Nagant" :LOL:)

I believe that was a Century gun built on one of those Type III "made in Canada" Century receivers.
I'm not familiar with L1A1's as I am with metric FALs, but that looks like a mixed bag of British parts. Bolt appears to be marked on bottom with "UEAxxxxx" which is Enfield IIRC. Also charging handle is marked "B 61" which indicates manufacture by BSA. Lower looks like an Enfield marked "UEA58 xxxxxxx" (?)

Tattered

Registered FAL offender
Contributor
FALaholic #
I've looked at that site a few times myself and everything has a chopped receiver. It's almost a guarantee they buy confiscated guns and chop them.

DakTo

MadMinuteDude
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
More than double the 1990 original price less the original working receiver. I often assess kits like this to calculate what the final cost would be to restore it to its original military condition. This one would be above my pay grade.

fry

FALaholic #
I recently acquired a rifle with a barrel marked L1A1 Sporter, CIA and made in Canada. Barrel appears to be in excellent condition and metric with LH muzzle threads. The barrel is on an inch reciever aussie clone sans the selector. Odd.

There has to be some whack a doo's around here recreating L1A1 CAI made in Canada clones who need a barrel. 😆😆😆😆😆😆