• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Covid Strain

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I am in midst of a horrible case of the virus have made all attempts to avoid. Not just a strain but any possible strain spending thousands of dollars to keep it out of the Ponderosa whether it was a totally new whole house hepa air filtration system installed on onset of the disease and multiple strains along with changing out entry and exit habits to house plus how we handle laundry, products use for them and way way more. Basically have changed our entire household grocery shopping, routine, when done, how done and even medical visits.

This covid is not only five kinds of miserable, only thing thing keeping me out of hospital is a good personal doctor making daily house calls. This is a worse than death feeling with death may being preferred at this juncture. So much effort and apparently the last outpatient procedure of eight to ten or more per year have managed to avoid every any exposure totally but if finally got mee full bore.

Have me on over half dozen meds and all I do is lay in ball with two week minimum, possibly longer quarantine which may be longer once they identify strain. In fact my research doc buddy has been breaking down daily, took 1st sample Friday and second on Monday and says have not found any exact matches for it yet. Can't even finishing typing a single post since catching it. Would not wish on worst enemy. Either on toilet with bucket between my knees of trying to find comortable to lay in bed. Liquid diets all able to keep down.

Last edited:

TenTea

Contributor
FALaholic #
I thought we were unusual having a veterinarian who makes house calls!

Get well soon, Huey.
Hopefully, Missus Huey can avoid becoming ill with it.
Keep the faith!

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
For all your preps and six guns at every door, the woofloo is what got you? Seems a bit War Of The World's to me.

But seriously, go easy, rest, eat Tylenol. Kick its butt and get back to us. I feel your pain, BTDT.

base704

Vampire Pilot
Contributor
FALaholic #
Hydroxychloroquine?
I'd take it. . .
I doubt you need my help for a source.
Hang in there, and feel better!

C-ya

One day at a time...
Contributor
FALaholic #
Best wishes for your health, Huey. We had the mild strain that is going around hit our house about a month and a half ago. We hit the HCQ and iver anyway.

Gary Harwell

Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Theres a gi bug worse than chine flu going around. Have had several clients tell me they prefer covid having had both close back to back.
Stay the fck hydrated.iv if you need.
Did you test positive.?
Also as humans we re not limited to one affliction at a time. Good luck!

easttex

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Theres a gi bug worse than chine flu going around. Have had several clients tell me they prefer covid having had both close back to back.
Stay the fck hydrated.iv if you need.
Did you test positive.?
Also as humans we re not limited to one affliction at a time. Good luck!
It's called norovirus and it's going around. I've had it and that is absolute sickest I've ever been!

Huey, best wishes in a quick recovery. Get plenty of rest and stay hydrated!

Impala_Guy

FALaholic #
Been sick for two weeks, just clearing up now. Was pretty fatigued with a mild fever and near total loss of appetite the first 3-4 days but after that it was just throat drip and other mild symptons for the past 10 days. Not sure if its the new strain of Covid, and don't care frankly.

Colts4me

Banned
FALaholic #
Friends are battling covid now and all have 4 jabs. One woman says all her hair is falling out. Daughter says she reads it all the time on fakebook that women have bad hairloss going on now.

medicmike

Blocked Felicia
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
It's called norovirus and it's going around. I've had it and that is absolute sickest I've ever been!

Huey, best wishes in a quick recovery. Get plenty of rest and stay hydrated!
Yeah I had Norovirus years ago, picked it up from a patient I transported (it was making the rounds of the local nursing homes). Couldn't keep fluids down for almost a week. Finally felt good enough to start an IV on myself and pump a couple liters of saline in. Took a few days before I started peeing again, was so dehydrated my kidneys had shut down. It was way worse than the Rona for me.

V guy

Silver Contributor
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Those Federal home test kits apparently do not work well. Most show immediately, not in 15 minutes, that you do not have covid----------- but a real 2 day test will.

Covid pneumonia is the worst, as lung tissue may be hurt or may be destroyed, but lungs will heal a lot given time, mine have, besides the other effects Covid may have on the body.
I lost the ability to stand or walk, right off the bat, it hit my muscles hard.

If your breathing gets worse, the antibiotics, monoclonal antibodies, remdisivir and 02 in the ICU, will help. Don't hesitate to go to the ER. They will admit you to ICU if bad enough.

I waited ten days because I did not think I had Covid.

hemcon9

FALaholic #
Take your old ass to the nearest ER and get admitted!!!!!

Loosing fluids at both ends,,,being old and not in great health,,,,,call a damn ambulance and go to hospital!
Oh for fuck’s sake. Do this.
If you’re condition is as deteriorated as you describe, you could go over very quickly.

Start thinking about how mrs. Huey is going to deal with an unresponsive you.

Call a damn rig and get a trp to the er.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
What Yellowhand and Hemcon9 said. Don't pontificate BS about a good Dr friend, if you are having GI symptoms there is a good chance it is more than the Rona. Get help.
No shit!
Any medical back grounded friend that does not tell ya to take your ass to the ER when its pouring out of ya today from both ends, at your age, ain't your friend.
A few hours in the ER, fluid replacement, meds to stop the runs and vomiting, manage pain, and most importantly, labs, xrays, and then a PROPER diagnosis can be made and any true immediate life threatening shit can be handled.

Diarrhea and vomiting, kill more folks than anything else off hand.
That three days without water,,,,will kill a fellow,,,,add in, diarrhea, and vomiting, which is fluid, which is WATER, your ass can turn sour in a few hours!

Ain't no such thing, especially with older folks, as just diarrhea and vomiting.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Huey,,,,I'm not ragging on your old ass,,,,but I did just go through this myself,,,,,for like the 40th time.
Got some shit called diverticulitis, causes intestines to become infected, pack up, so, take antibiotics, feel like shit for a week, get better, repeats.
Often times, vomiting and diarrhea, and then dehydration.
This last bout,,,same as all the others, nope,,,,complete bowel blockage!!!!
Which will kill a fellow quickly,,,,,from perforation of the bowel.
If ya don't bleed to death, you die from peritonitis.
This last bout,,,,off to ER, for some IV fluids, a little pain management, antibiotic script, home in a few hours.
Nope,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,admitted for a week!
With 15 minute checks, and the gut cutter hovering over me day and night ready to try and save me,,,,,,,,which when cracking a dirty bowel,,,,,,,,, is far from a certainty!
With my history of this shit,,,,,and medical background, saw/felt nothing out of the ordinary,,,,,,,,,,,,but them three docs, Xray, MRI, lab folks, etc,,,, all did!

What we all laughed off at, when young, as we age, will kill your ass.

I'm praying for you to recover....

One GREAT thing from my adventure above,,,,,the short little African born and trained surgeon, advised me to do something none of my American docs ever told me to try.
To use a product, over the counter med, daily, off label advise, ie,,,,,,,,not to be taken for more than a week, everyday forever.
Said it was damn near a cure for most of his older patients.
Africa does not have all the fancy expensive stuff we do, so, they try and cure folks with what they have thats cheap and available, vs treat them all the time.

All my fancy pants docs are in aw of how I'm doing/feeling today.