• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Couple of Swedish Blondes

hopdevil

Consumer of Belgian Guns and Beer
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I've been collecting Swedish Firearms for some time. For me it was an easy draw, my "heritage" and quality guns. How could I lose? I recently came into two rifles that are very unique.

The bolt action is a 1944 Husqvarna Model 38 Mauser. These were only produced for 4 short years (1941-1944), with 44' being the fewest in numbers. This example is as new and really I couldn't believe it when it arrived. The photos didn't do it justice which is why I feel it slipped through so many's radar. I'm extremely happy it did!

The semi should need no introduction, AG-42B Ljungman. This rifle I stumbled on at a local show as I was just on my way out, the seller was walking in. I have owned a good number of these rifles and love shooting them. They are super long and really are a dream to shoot in the prone position having very little recoil. This example is one for the safe and collecting side. It's the rare and mysterious 1955 year. Not much is know about these or why they were assembled 10 years post original production stopped. Most speculate they were assembled from parts left behind after the tooling was sold and sent to Egypt which produced the Hakim. I have heard they were meant for Egypt in that deal, but no markings indicate that? They are the last of the rifles lineage. No number is known on totals, but I have seen serial numbers counting just over a 100.

IMG_E4676.JPG IMG_E4677.JPG IMG_E4679 (2).JPG IMG_E4679.JPG IMG_E4680.JPG IMG_E4682.JPG IMG_E4683.JPG IMG_E4685.JPG IMG_E4686.JPG IMG_E4688.JPG

hopdevil

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Gorgeous! I have a M38 Husky but not nearly that nice. Ljungman has been high on my want list for a long time but I haven't got one yet...and the prices keep rising.
I have one for sale. With Sling, the tool kit and night sights. I’ll even toss in a bayonet. If interested pm me.

Bladewurk

FALaholic #
Wow those are fantastic
I love the Swedes but those are truly beautiful!
I hate that I couldn’t buy a Ljungman in my youth when they were $500 , along with that sporterized Johnson Automatics I turned my nose up at for $350!

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
Never could find a shooter AG-42 so had to settle for a Hakim. Sweet shooter even though it is chambered for a thumper of a cartridge - 7.92X57mm (8mm Mauser). And it is marked with Egyptian characters. My M38 Husky has been used but not abused. With mil-surp ammo, it can still shoot less than MOA at 300 yards when I do my part.

hopdevil

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
The Hakim’s are nasty. A lot of bark.

I highly recommend just pulling the trigger on a Ljungman. You wont regret it. Extra NOS barrels are around too. As a bonus no barrels matched on any rifle imported. All got swapped out when the B conversions were done. So a barrel change doesn’t change collector value if that is something you care about.

jm7

FALaholic #
That's one of the nicest AGs I've seen. Judging by the handgrip cuts neither stock has been sanded. Beautiful rifles and one of the best cartridges ever.

FP1201

FALaholic #
Gotta tell you that replacement parts are getting scares: I've been trying to get Firing Pin for the 96/38 and it's come down to ordering a surplus Bolt assembly.
Have a few Husky's in the Cabinet including a Proper and complete Sniper from SAMCO Global back in the day.