• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Cool Picture Thread

okiefarmer

Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Vinyl is making a huge come back. I had a fairly decent collection, 458 lp’s and a hand full of old 45’s. My children bought me some electronic thing that would allow me to burn all my albums to cd’s.
That sat in my closet for 27 years, I never did transfer them. Fast forward to a few years ago. Our son spent some time at a recovery home down South, still clean and doing very well. I gave the albums to the guy that ran the home.
Had some real good stuff. Original purple label Deep Purple Made in Japan. All the CCR album's. All of the Jimi Hendrix pre death albums. Original Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers. Johnny Winters And Live. A few Johnny Thunders, The Modern Lovers.
No regrets giving them away.
I did the same thing. All my LPs were from high screwl and college days, mainly the 70’s. Moved from house to house. Finally gave them all to youngest brother.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
price of gas 20 years ago or so. I think it's interesting that I made about the same now as I did then. Too bad I didn't save.
Uh, that would only be 2002, my friend. That pic is much older. The car appears to be around a 1970 Superbird and looks to be nearly new, the dude's attire is definitely not 2002. Gas in 2001 pre 911 was what, $2.00? $2.25? In 1985 I had been driving for about a year and had a couple left of high school. The local McClure station had 87 for .89.

Tak

FALaholic #
Uh, that would only be 2002, my friend. That pic is much older. The car appears to be around a 1970 Superbird and looks to be nearly new, the dude's attire is definitely not 2002. Gas in 2001 pre 911 was what, $2.00? $2.25? In 1985 I had been driving for about a year and had a couple left of high school. The local McClure station had 87 for .89.
Yeah gas was still around $1.00/gallon as late as the very early 90's. I remember I could take the loose change out of my car and put 2 or 3 gallons in and I'd be good for a week driving around town in my crappy little 4 banger econo car as a teenager

perryturner

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I worked for ARCO 68-73. I remember gas wars with premium going for 25 cents per gallon. And I got an employee discount on top of that. I had a 69 Pontiac with a 400 in it that got 13.8 mpg on the highway. It had a 26.5 gallon tank.

Invictus77

1C16:13
Staff member
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
A good friend in high school (and one of the few HS people that I still consider a good friend today, 40 years later) had that same green '67 fastback. He got it with the 289 and I don't remember if the engine "went bad" or if he just wanted an upgrade. For whatever reason however, we squeezed a big block 390 in it.

If you ever try that yourself, know going in that the first time you need to change plugs in the 390, you will need to pull the engine back out and then torch a hole in the left front shock tower, just large enough to put a long 3/8" extension with a plug socket to fit through from the wheel well.

You will also need to jack it up and pull the front left wheel off for all future plug changes. Keep that in mind if you want to go the wide body big block route 😁

IDK, but it seems to me that factory big blocks would have been an option from the factory back then, so maybe there is a different solution???
I can only attest to the "smoke-wrench" hole in the shock tower as what us two 18-ish year old kids came up with when faced with the problem.