• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

COMBLOC's product reviews

Story

FALaholic #
@Combloc 's review threads on various firearms are written and illustrated the way tech manuals SHOULD be written.

Search his old threads and if you have a weapon he's gone down the rabbit hole on, you should at least read it and better yet, download/print/bind and store it with your weapons papers.

And even if you don't own stuff he's reviewed, it's excellent coffee reading.

Jus' sayin'.​

ftierson

FALaholic #
@Combloc 's review threads on various firearms are written and illustrated the way tech manuals SHOULD be written.

Search his old threads and if you have a weapon he's gone down the rabbit hole on, you should at least read it and better yet, download/print/bind and store it with your weapons papers.

And even if you don't own stuff he's reviewed, it's excellent coffee reading.

Jus' sayin'.​
About sums it up...

Forrest

Combloc

FALaholic #
Thank you gentlemen! You are very kind. I couple years ago, I was offered a writing job at a government contractor after they read some of my stuff but I turned it down. I fear that once it becomes your job to produce content the way THEY want it done, all the Fun will dissipate pretty rapidly. Besides, I'm pretty close to retirement from my regular job.

Story

FALaholic #
Thank you gentlemen! You are very kind. I couple years ago, I was offered a writing job at a government contractor after they read some of my stuff but I turned it down. I fear that once it becomes your job to produce content the way THEY want it done, all the Fun will dissipate pretty rapidly. Besides, I'm pretty close to retirement from my regular job.
When I read your unconstrained / uncensored thoughts, I imagine an incarnation of Hunter S Thompson.

Combloc

FALaholic #
WoW! Now THAT is a compliment I WISH I could live in the shadow of.

There's nothing special about what I do though. I just imagine that some imaginary guy said "Hey, that's neat! Will you show me how it works?" Then I just explain it as we go along.

But thank you for the feedback. It's nice to know I'm providing some small service and people actually read my meanderings. Thank you!

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
There's nothing special about what I do though. I just imagine that some imaginary guy said "Hey, that's neat! Will you show me how it works?" Then I just explain it as we go along.
Anybody can do that, big deal. What separates your style from the rest is your meticulous attention to detail. You starve of every last bit of information you can possibly squeeze from your subjects, seemingly to the point of obsession. And once you are satisfied that there is no more to possibly learn, you take the time to put into type every last bit of all that detail you've gathered, for sharing with others. And you put it all in language that every day, blue collar folks can understand and relate to.
Methinks you are being modest, an honorable quality. Please, do bask in the accolades when they are cast on you. You deserve them.
And thank you for doing what you do. I've said it before, I see and learn more from your informative threads than I would ever have the chance to learn on my own.

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
When I read your unconstrained / uncensored thoughts, I imagine an incarnation of Hunter S Thompson.
I know nothing about this guy, not even his name. But I can see he suffers from the same type of affliction that many highly intelligent and creative people do. His place is a mess, what a disaster. That's the kitchen and from the looks of it, it prepares no meals, so the guy must eat out a lot. Even the stove is piled with clutter.
But for all the clutter piled to and fro, top left, awl or ice pick, red handle, has a head set hanging on it. WTF is that a picture of behind it?

Story

FALaholic #
I know nothing about this guy, not even his name. But I can see he suffers from the same type of affliction that many highly intelligent and creative people do. His place is a mess, what a disaster. That's the kitchen and from the looks of it, it prepares no meals, so the guy must eat out a lot. Even the stove is piled with clutter.
But for all the clutter piled to and fro, top left, awl or ice pick, red handle, has a head set hanging on it. WTF is that a picture of behind it?
Read the book / watch the movie

lew

FALaholic #
The guy is a LEGEND. Fortunately for the world, I'm not wealthy.

Actual footage of The Whiskey Rebellion:

Seriously, H.S.Thompson was more American than any of the jamokes puttin' their stain on the Files, myself included.

I still read"The Kentucky Derby Is Decadent and Depraved" when the time is right for those ghouls and demons to make an appearance every year.