• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Clue me in on these stripper clips.

Frontline

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I have a good quantity of these .308 stripper clips. They hold 5 rounds. I was just gifted some more by a generous FALfiles member, Okiefarmer.
20220216_200005.jpg 20220216_195933.jpg Upon adding Okiefarmers batch to mine, then dumping them all out to put in a sealed storage bag, I realized there are 2 types.
One is like an M16 clip, with tabs on the ends, no markings on any of them, and a bit more curvature than the others. They also have stop detents for the mag loader at 4 positions.
The others have no tabs on the ends. Single loader stop detents in the middle and are nearly flat They have USGI Mfr. Markings. SEY and MTY 60.

What is what?
Thank you Gentlemen for the information, in advance.

Last edited:

yovinny

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
The ones with a single stop bump on the sides are for 762 nato. The one that has 2 stop bumps and the tabs is probably 30-06' for 03, 1917, BAR, etc.
Mauser clips will also have the 2 stops and sometimes tabs, but that one looks 30-06 from here..